roeder's appointment

Guest terry

Guest terry

there is something that is really nagging away for me since he got it full time.

i know its been talked about non stop for weeks now, but for me his appointment smacks of stuart pearces last season at city.

put it this way pearce had pretty poor reputation before he comes in....city players were sick of keegan players felt a new lease of life....were roughly 14th in the league when he took over....they go on 8 game winning run or such and end up 8th battling for uefa spot on last day of season, perhaps far above their own realistic standard

now some may say what relevence has that got to do with us....well for me my doubts are because i can see these exact events prompting the roeder appointment...then the same events as city suffered this season when the initial relief and feel good factor of the new manager has worn off.

when we get to december and the mundane nature of training and playing through the tougest part of the season is everyone genuinelly convinced that roeder is the man to get us to where we wanna go?????

of course we all may have doubts because we can't predict the future....but for me roeder should never have ever been given the chance, as FS overlooked the bigger picture.

Guest Toon83

Yes i have doubts about his appointment, but get over it!!

I wish people would stop all the negativity, give the guy a chance and bloody support your team.  :wullie:

100% agree, I dont get all the negativity around this appointment, the guy has taken us from bottom half into the Intertoto, give him a chance before you jump all over him and start criticising FFS!!

I dont think Terry is saying he is not going to give Roeder a chance or not be supportive of him and the team. He just has his reservations (as do I) and he is entitled to that opinion.

I dont think Terry is saying he is not going to give Roeder a chance or not be supportive of him and the team. He just has his reservations (as do I) and he is entitled to that opinion.

Trust me, you're not.  You're a flaming disgrace, leave this forum at once.  Disgusted.  Words cannot describe my utter contempt for anything that isn't pure optimism, in a bag...

;)

Trust me, you're not.  You're a flaming disgrace, leave this forum at once.  Disgusted.  Words cannot describe my utter contempt for anything that isn't pure optimism, in a bag...

;)

My humblest apologies bluebigrazz.gif

Guest OogaBooba!

I feel sorry for you guys.

When he starts building his own team (he thought Breen was good), you'll find out how bad he really is.

P.S. Anyone else hate seeing his mug everywhere?

I feel sorry for you guys.

When he starts building his own team (he thought Breen was good), you'll find out how bad he really is.

P.S. Anyone else hate seeing his mug everywhere?

Breen was good, wasn't he??

Well, Mrs Breen thought so!! :lol:

And hopefully the West Ham board might have learnt from their mistakes and might give Alan Pardew the money he needs..or i wouldnt be suprised to see West Ham go exactly the same was as last time.

The difference between both Roeders past records and Pearce at city, is that the quality of players he now has at his disposal are probably better than both teams.

And he will have more money to spend and be able to attract better players than either.

I dont think many fans would argue David James was worth every penny, Roeders record buying players was neither great or woefull imo, considering the type of players he could attract and the funds he could have down worse, they just let him and the team down.

Mistakes are painfull but you learn from them. Roeders record is there for everyone to see, but he is an intelligent man who has spent a while out of the game studying, with the right coaches around him..and maybe a mentor..i dont see any reason for him to fail.

Guest Geordiecunny

Pearce wasn't given the money the Roeder (hopefully) will be and he recovered us after a much worse manager than Kevin Keegan. Long term I think Pearce will be a good manager for City and Roeder, as everyone says, needs time and has my support 100% at least we've improved on our last manager! Onwards and upwards and all that.

Guest Verlaine

;)

My humblest apologies bluebigrazz.gif

See, though, now you two are doing exactly what you accuse the optimists of doing, only with negativity.

What?  Take the piss?

For what it's worth I thought that article you did was good, it's not even you I have issues with.  It's those that "can't stand pessmists" (aka can't stand someone disagreeing with them).

I hate any justification of anyone being given the job that uses the term 'give him a chance' as if we're a fucking charity who any old bugger can have a go at managing.

I hate any justification of anyone being given the job that uses the term 'give him a chance' as if we're a fucking charity who any old bugger can have a go at managing.

blueyes.gif

Just like the numpties saying about the England job 'oh but if we don't give our young English managers a chance...blah blah blah'.

Do they want to win the World Cup or just prove they give the top jobs to their own?

Guest Geordiecunny

Poor Roeder, he never had a chance in life :lol:

Guest TampaToon

aren't there any examples in management of a guy who...well....got better during the course of his career? or has everyone in football management always been awful or superb their whole lives, totally contrary to the mold of human progress?

i think part of the frustration (mine anyways) is that everybody is out there seeking negative precedents...i'm not the football historian some of you are, but i'd imagine that if you looked around you'd find a fair number of guys who had spotty records their first couple of jobs, perhaps learned from their mistakes and became quality managers as a result.  it happens most everywhere else in the world, but from the posts on this board you'd guess that the only thing possible in football is to stay awful or get worse.

Guest geordiebaz

To many people are trying to find someone or something to compare Roeder to, he s in charge now get behind him

• 5 months later...