Is Tiscali throttling Bit Torrent now?

Dave

I've been able to download fine for ages now, and this week I can't get over 15kB/s (1mb, should max at 110kB/s-ish) on ANY torrent, tried loads of seeds, loads of peers, none work properly any more. I've changed nothing on my configuration. Tried changing ports to no avail.

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

Shit torrent? How many peers and seeds does it have?

Tried allsorts, ones with S:25 L:80, S:200 L900, even ones on private trackers.

MAC code time I think.

Tried loads of different ports. Seemed to be fine (although still not full speed) today before 7pm when it went to shit, so it's probably just on a time basis.

Guest deathwish

i got thrown off tiscali for excessive downloading. For a while using different ports seemed to solve the problem but in the end i was limited to 5kbps! ive sinced moved to AOL and no further problems. tiscali are c*nts tbh.

Hmm its getting really bad now.... should i change? and if i do how many days will i not get internet for while it changes?? Having said that Lost series 2 is finished so i probably won't be downloading anything that bigger file for a while.

Hmm its getting really bad now.... should i change? and if i do how many days will i not get internet for while it changes?? Having said that Lost series 2 is finished so i probably won't be downloading anything that bigger file for a while.

It's just wank on a night. I got this email from them recently within an ad for 8mb:

To support the launch of our Tiscali Max service and to ensure that all customers benefit from consistently good web-browsing speeds throughout the day, we will be making improvements to our network. These will optimise speeds for web-browsing, emailing and online gaming during peak hours and work by giving automatic priority to these activities when there are lots of people online. File sharing applications may take a little longer to download during busy periods as a result, but will quickly catch up during quiet periods. Trials have shown a significant improvement in overall customer experience. We have updated our Terms and Conditions to reflect these changes and these will take effect in 14 days.

Guest Southern Geordie

grr.. Been trying to download lost episode 24 and all day I haven't got better than 16 kb/s.. Also am frequently getting signed out of msn while i'm downloading.

Any ideas?  blueconfused.gif