Hayfever

Guest HyDrO

Guest HyDrO

What a cunt, take as many tablets as they say, still doesn't help, for yous that don't have it; yous don't know how lucky that you are  :thdn: bluecry.gif yikes.gif

Guest BooBoo

Agreed. The most annoying ailment i've ever known. Mine usually peaks around the end of June. Touch wood, i've not been effected so far but will soon need to stock up on anti histamine.

Get a prescription from your doc, he might be able to sort you out with something more potent. Either stronger antihistamines, or some corticosteroid nasal spray and some eye drops. Like most over the counter medicines, claritin and benadryl do very little.

My hayfever doesn't really start until the end of June/start of july, when it goes absolutely mental for 2 weeks, and then pretty much stops (grass pollen I think). I'm staying in manchester this year, and I hope that the lack of grass will help me.

Guest Ready Brek

I always get massive nosebleeds off it.

Pollon or grass-cuttings usually set its off - grass cuttings gives me puffy blotchy eyes also. The bastard.

Tin hat on here. I've suffered for years from hayfever. I've had the lot. Streaming eyes, running nose etc. You name it I've had it for years.

Then a friend of my mam suggested honey. Bear with me....she suggested I ate honey during the winter and spring to get my body used to the pollen. I tried it for my mam's sake and it ferking well worked! I've eaten honey for the past 7 years or so during the winter and I've had not a single hayfever episode since. I know it sounds like bullshit but I swear it's worked. Not a hint of a problem for years. May not work for everyone but it does the job for me. As I say, this sounds ferking bollocks reading it back to myself, but it has genuinely worked. Try it. Stands by for a shit load of abuse! :cool:

Stands by for a shit load of abuse! :cool:

Nah man, anything can work if you believe it. Plenty of people get relief of symptoms (which can themselves often be entirely psychological) from things as ridiculous as water with no arsenic in it any more. There's nowt wrong with the placebo effect as long as no one's getting fleeced out of money they can't afford to lose.

Just keep believing and you'll be fine, you gullible fool.  bluelaugh.gif

Stands by for a shit load of abuse! :cool:

Nah man, anything can work if you believe it. Plenty of people get relief of symptoms (which can themselves often be entirely psychological) from things as ridiculous as water with no arsenic in it any more. There's nowt wrong with the placebo effect as long as no one's getting fleeced out of money they can't afford to lose.

Just keep believing and you'll be fine, you gullible fool.  bluelaugh.gif

Is forced to stand by and can only reply with a meagre    :roll:

It worked for me! :cool:

Guest gimp suit

runny noses and regular sneezing already started for me. i get hayfever bad in summers.

did anybody hear something about this year going to be the worst ever for hayfever? apparently some dust has travelled from some far-east country or something. me mam was telling me the other week, saying she saw some satellite pic on the news or something showing it heading over to out country. says it was covering the whole country. this will be crap.

runny noses and regular sneezing already started for me. i get hayfever bad in summers.

did anybody hear something about this year going to be the worst ever for hayfever? apparently some dust has travelled from some far-east country or something. me mam was telling me the other week, saying she saw some satellite pic on the news or something showing it heading over to out country. says it was covering the whole country. this will be crap.

Sounds like [glow=red,2,300]INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM[/glow].

my brother gets it. its funny. Plus everytime he sneezes, its followed by a 10second gap and then about 15 more speedy sneezes.  blueyes.gif bluelaugh.gif    ahh the joy of other people's misfortune.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest smoggeordie

I get it really bad but I use that spray stuff to gan up your hooter and it does the trick

Weaklings tbh.  Real men don't lose fights to pollen.

Real men don't need constant grease application to joints YOU FUCKING RED ROBOT HEAD!

[/quickly aging joke]

Guest Brock Manson

I've been snuffling and blowing my nose and sneezing so much I now get nose bleeds. I NEVER get nosebleeds!  blueeek.gif

I also get really bad congestion, and it ALWAYS happens when I'm about to eat. Somehow the pollen knows and decides "He's not going to taste that takeaway".

Hate it, and the pills I use do nowt.  :( I can't use the nasal spray as it just creeps me out.

• 1 year later...

Yep, its a major pain in the arse.

Leave for work sniffing and sneezing all the way down the street.  My eyes can water all day long.

I cant cut the grass anymore after i had a massive attack, i had to go and lay down for 30 mins, i could barely breath.