Iran

Parky

How will the U.S. attack Iran?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How will the U.S. attack Iran?

• Surgical strike with conventional weapons?
    • As above but with Israeli participation?
    • Will the U.S. talk Israel into taking action unilaterally?
    • With a mini nuke?
    • With commandos?
    • The U.S will not attack Iran.
    • Bellamy.
    • Full blown invasion with ground troops.

Now known in Washington circles as 'the regime'...and ridiculous comparisons made to Hitler. I think we are approaching 'kick off' even Carter has been dragged out of retirement.

It's sadly the most predictable thing that's going to happen in the world over the next few years, if not just a year.  All this last chance talk, and talks of deals with the EU, nothing but a smokescreen.  War with Iran?  Yes, it was decided years ago.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

fuck I've got a bet on this. In one of them Da Vinci things it says in 2006 there will be a war with Iran and it will be the end of the world, I've got £20 on it being bollocks

It has to be done before Bush walks away, I just can't see a newly elected President taking the risk.  They'd be ruined before they've barely begun. 

Good point, let Bush take the rap, besides, if he did it, and it carried on into the elections, dont they get put back meaning he'll get more time fuking up the world from the whitehouse?

It has to be done before Bush walks away, I just can't see a newly elected President taking the risk.  They'd be ruined before they've barely begun. 

Good point, let Bush take the rap, besides, if he did it, and it carried on into the elections, dont they get put back meaning he'll get more time fuking up the world from the whitehouse?

Possibly, but I think something major would need to happen domestically.  I mean, what's a war on foreign land to the average American... nothing major!  (Sorry to any Yanks in advance, but that is the general feeling the rest of the world gets)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

How do you think they'll approach it? Nuke involved or what, come on know it alls tell us

All I've said, for the past three years, is US will go to war with Iran.  How they approach it, I've never once claimed of knowing, so shove your 'know it all' up your arse, danke.  More than likely an aerial attack, their troops are spread thin accross the world, and Iraq is slowly eating away at them.  They'll no doubt have partners in their deeds though.  Israel will apparently join in, I just hope to fuck we stay out of it. 

Depends what you've heard him say, he made a speech on Friday talking about the UN, "need to take action before conflict begins".  Rough translation, we want to invade countries legally, please change your rules so we can do this.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

My mate in the army, i don't know wether he's trying to be impressive or not, reckons it won't be too long before they go into Iraq, not that i presume he knows anything mind.

where does he get all this top secret info?

My mate in the army, i don't know wether he's trying to be impressive or not, reckons it won't be too long before they go into Iraq, not that i presume he knows anything mind.

You mean we aren't already?  Well fook me sideways! ;)

Seriously though, I've no idea how he would know.  He won't have been told it, certainly, but I guess it isn't hard to tell if you look at the facts and the developing situation.

All I've said, for the past three years, is US will go to war with Iran.  How they approach it, I've never once claimed of knowing, so shove your 'know it all' up your arse, danke.  More than likely an aerial attack, their troops are spread thin accross the world, and Iraq is slowly eating away at them.  They'll no doubt have partners in their deeds though.  Israel will apparently join in, I just hope to fuck we stay out of it. 

There going to blow Iran out of the water.

I bet the vast majority of bodies that are used will be Israli, with USA training & backing.

Could this be seen as a holy war?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

this is all getting a bit Prison Break conspiracy mode for my liking, can't believe USA are just going round starting wars on everyone

You mean we aren't already?  Well fook me sideways! ;)

Seriously though, I've no idea how he would know.  He won't have been told it, certainly, but I guess it isn't hard to tell if you look at the facts and the developing situation.

Whoops. Iran :p .

I think it is just a reading of the situation, it must be a prevalent topic in the barracks or something, i've no idea, it's not something that your ordinary soldier or even high ranked ones would know. He was talking about it the other day, poor sods broke a metarcarpal (sp) so he's been shipped back from Kenya, and his prize? He get's to go to Iraq for another six months when he's recovered.

I think they'd like to but a lame-duck President on approval ratings of <30% can do sod all tbh

and Blair (and Howard in Oz) would last about  0.1 sec if they backed him

Can't see the US military signing up for a THIRD war at the same time either

Guest Skjære

Now known in Washington circles as 'the regime'...and ridiculous comparisons made to Hitler. I think we are approaching 'kick off' even Carter has been dragged out of retirement.

As long as they have the decency to wait until after the World Cup, that's all I ask.  :thup:

No chance of an invasion of Iran, missile strikes possibly but even that is a long way away yet.

Have to agree with this.

IMO it would take at least DOUBLE the ground forces that have faught in Iraq to take Iran and it wont happen unless Iran does something drastically stupid.