BT Broadband Router

Belfast Boy

Can anyone advise me wether this belkin router will work on a BT line, a cable (NTL) line or either.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/belkin-wireless-modem-g-router_W0QQitemZ9732922661QQcategoryZ62025QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am looking to change my crappy USB broadband modem and I want to be able to connect to the internet on my laptop too. If this is no good what should I go for?

Guest Gemmill

I use the same router with BT broadband and run a desktop and a wireless laptop off it mate.  It will definitely work and it's easy to set up.

if it works with BT it should work with anything inthe Universe.....................

Seriously a mate of mine ran Tiscali thru one for several years

It will work on most ADSL lines.

The router is working fine for connecting my desktop, and my laptop is detecting it, but every time the laptop connects, it immediately searches for a network address and disconencts. Any help?

EDIT: Sorted that, I am connected to the wireless network now, but how do I connect to the internet on my laptop? It seems as though the desktop (MShome) and the laptop (Belkinhome) are in two different workgroups.

EDIT2: Got it all sorted now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm i just got mine sorted but its unbelivably slow, me and my sister both use cordless mouse and keyboard plus we have a cordless phone how much does this effect the speed?

Do you mean you are using the cordless phone connecting the PC to the internet?

Then you are into a capacity issue with the transmission from phone to router

No cordless is separate i just read somewhere that havinf a cordless phone in the house can effect the connection speed.