Exploit.HTML.Mht

indi

Every time I look at the forums on here Kaspersky warns me that the page contains:

Exploit.HTML.Mht

It then deletes the page from my cache.

Anyone got a clue what's happening? Because I haven't!!

I've done a full system scan with both Kaspersky and Ewido and got nothing.

Help!!

Guest magpie2419

An exploit is a short code or script that uses a vulnerability to perform malicious actions.

The HTML.Mht exploit is embedded to HTML web pages. It attempts to download and install a malicious program on your computer by using a security vulnerability in Internet Explorer.

As this is a well known type of message board there is nothing to worry about, it could be your AV being over cautious, I wouldnt worry about it, but the best way to aviod the message and other bad stuff out their is to download and use firefox browser...dump internet exploder... bluelaugh.gif

An exploit is a short code or script that uses a vulnerability to perform malicious actions.

The HTML.Mht exploit is embedded to HTML web pages. It attempts to download and install a malicious program on your computer by using a security vulnerability in Internet Explorer.

As this is a well known type of message board there is nothing to worry about, it could be your AV being over cautious, I wouldnt worry about it, but the best way to aviod the message and other bad stuff out their is to download and use firefox browser...dump internet exploder... bluelaugh.gif

I already use Firefox and in fact I think that may have been the problem, because after it updated itself yesterday, it's stopped happening. Weird.