Xbox 360

James

I'm considering getting an Xbox360, but will it work on my TV? I've got a really cheap and small non-HD 18 month old Ferguson, which has a SCART socket but not a lot else.

Also, what accessories is it helpful to buy straight away? And what are the best games?

Guest TheOrder

I'm considering getting an Xbox360, but will it work on my TV? I've got a really cheap and small non-HD 18 month old Ferguson, which has a SCART socket but not a lot else.

Also, what accessories is it helpful to buy straight away? And what are the best games?

Yup, it will work fint mate. What pack you got, Core or the more expensive one?

Definately it will work with SCART socket..thats all i have and i'm alright :D

Accessories you might need could be an extra controller or 2 for social gaming...Thats pretty much it....don't need memory cards....you could get a play and charge kit for the wireless controller but i recommend using a wired controller cause its a little bit quicker online apparantly :p

Best games in my opinion are:

PGR3 = sexy fast cars...uber graphics

Table Tennis = 100% hardcore unadulterated ping pong fun for only 30 quid

Oblivion = Hugely immense beautiful keep you going for ages

GR:AW = uber single player game, brilliant multiplayer

PDZ = Excellent fun multiplayer...single player is a bit meh

Yup, it will work fint mate. What pack you got, Core or the more expensive one?

I'll probably get the expensive one as I want wireless controllers and a hard-drive. good that it will work on my tv though :thumbup:

Guest TheOrder

I still fancy one too. Paying for games is putting me off though. :lol:

I'm getting one aswell, end of the month.

My mates are coming back from uni, gonna have a belter of a time.

You dont have to have an internet connection running do you?

Depends what you want to do with the thing.

The membership puts me off, I think paying for the console and the games should be enough tbh.

I just want to be able to play single/multiplayer games with people I know in my own home. So I'll assume i dont.

Its all really confusing, right now I am comparing prices on the internet, and everywhere i go it is like "BUY THIS BUY THIS, OH AND THIS"

Now here's the big question. If I was to get one at HMV, what would their reaction be if I had the cheek to reveal my student discount card?

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=404389

'Please also note that the HMV Student / Graduate discount schemes do not apply to purchases of Games Consoles.'

Bugger them, ripping off poor hard working students. I'll just buy all the accessories and games off them then.

I still fancy one too. Paying for games is putting me off though. :lol:

I'm getting one aswell, end of the month.

My mates are coming back from uni, gonna have a belter of a time.

We are aren't we ;)

Fight Night is the shit btw

Your wasting it with a non HDTV  :(

I just tried playing in normal picture and it looked so horrible after a month of HDTV.

And id deffo recommend getting Live too. Loads of downloadable content, demos an all that. The cost is peanuts. Whole year for the price of one game.

Get one from Boots. Premium for £259.99. Buy the games etc elsewhere.

thats a good call - especially if you use your boots points card thing... And if theres a triple points offer on then you save a few quid (well, not save, but ...you know)

Errr... Taylor, they're all lying to you mate. The xbox's reverse graphics thrusters will basically make mince-meat out of any telly which does not have fully functioning electroblasters built into it's southern processing chip. Any tele built by Alex Ferguson will clearly NOT support this kind of high-level funtionality.

You've been warned.

I just tried playing in normal picture and it looked so horrible after a month of HDTV.

And id deffo recommend getting Live too. Loads of downloadable content, demos an all that. The cost is peanuts. Whole year for the price of one game.

Of course, but maybe he cant afford £850 for a HDTV.

Saying that, i want this so badly:

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index.asp?modelcode=SAM-LE32R74BDX

£800 for this, is there a better 32" HDTV for that price?

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index.asp?modelcode=SAM-LE32R74BDX

I paid £600 for that same tele a few months ago :cool:

It's worth the money though.

I paid £600 for that same tele a few months ago :cool:

It's worth the money though.

Are you sure its the same one? This TV has only been out a few months, just the lesser version is cheaper thats all. (5000:1 contrast ratio rather than 1000:1 i think the other one was)

If so, where?

Guest Verlaine

Now here's the big question. If I was to get one at HMV, what would their reaction be if I had the cheek to reveal my student discount card?

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=404389

'Please also note that the HMV Student / Graduate discount schemes do not apply to purchases of Games Consoles.'

Bugger them, ripping off poor hard working students. I'll just buy all the accessories and games off them then.

'Although, have you heard of our games rewards card? no? well, basically, what it is, whenever you buy anything to do with games from us here at HMV, you get points. When you get to a certain number of points, you can cash them in for a discount on anything to do with games. If you'd just like to come over here to the screen, you get bonus points for just registering the card! No, you don't have to, but it'll only take a few minutes. With that Xbox 360 and whatnot you got today, you already have enough points for about £15 off next time!'

bluewink.gif

Are you sure its the same one? This TV has only been out a few months, just the lesser version is cheaper thats all. (5000:1 contrast ratio rather than 1000:1 i think the other one was)

If so, where?

Got it off a friend of mine who bought it, then realised he didn't want it. He'll have paid around £750 for it I think, because he doesn't pay VAT.

Couldn't tell you where he got it from like, but I know they wouldn't take it back. Probably stole it if the truth was known :lol:

If so, where?

Got it off a friend of mine who bought it, then realised he didn't want it. He'll have paid around £750 for it I think, because he doesn't pay VAT.

Couldn't tell you where he got it from like, but I know they wouldn't take it back. Probably stole it if the truth was known :lol:

Lucky bastid.

Quality TV for that price, it actually match the Panasonic Viera for quality, and thats about twice the price at least.

Thinking of selling this one, and taking out the 0% for a year to pay it off.