Explain your name

ChezGiven

What with all the chat over 'Dave's name', i got thinking that some people's names are quite strange and wanted to have a guess at a few reasons behind them.

For example, from what i can tell Geordie Messiah is a meglomaniac, Verlaine is into french poetry, I'm a french loving twat, Gemmill is probably known as Archie, Wullie was an avid The Broons reader as a kid, Grassroots is really Worzel Gummidge (poor i know), The Order is a copper, Boot Boy is hooligan etc etc etc

Anyone willing to explain, or provide some humourous interpretations of names they see regularly on here??

Guest Verlaine

It's a bit of a cheat really, because although I'm au fait with Verlaine, Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Mallarme and whatnot, it's more because the singer/guitarist in Television, Tom Miller, changed his name for stage purposes to Tom Verlaine (he WAS taking the poet's name, so I suppose I did indirectly). So when I was younger and I needed user names I always used his surname because I fucking love Television.

Guest Snoopy

I just called myself Snoopy as its the first name that came into me head when I signed up. I don't like the username "Snoopy" as much as I like "Snoops" though :lol:

Guest Snoopy

The big mystery is, and always has been, Blufpurdi.

I must say that I have often wondered what a "BlufPurdi" was!! :lol: I thought I was the only one who didn't know!

Guest smoggeordie

I just called myself Snoopy as its the first name that came into me head when I signed up. I don't like the username "Snoopy" as much as I like "Snoops" though :lol:

get a mod to change it then :lol:

I must say that I have often wondered what a "BlufPurdi" was!! :lol: I thought I was the only one who didn't know!

Its cos he 'purdi' as in good looking and really a woman, hence Bluf....

That's a sound logic you have there.  Unfortunately, wrong.

That's a sound logic you have there.  Unfortunately, wrong.

Not even close?

Guest Snoopy
get a mod to change it then :lol:

Never thought of that. But when mods on here faff on with buttons, big things go wrong!! ;)

i want to know what ankdh is...

I've said it before, and those of you know me will know the wholly uninteresting origin of 'Ankdh', but I will only reveal it when Bluf reveals his - as I'm sure he really cares ;)

I would earnestly implore those of you who may know, don't sell me out on this one. We have to stay together. \o/

Misspelling of this geezer's name:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/31/PortraitInigoJones.jpg/448px-PortraitInigoJones.jpg

No cheating this time.