The Masons.

Parky

Guest TheOrder

I'm not one, as of yet.

But i am surrounded by them, and my local lodge has a 21 age restriction, and i've just turned 20, so not long yet.

Guest bobbyshinton

I did a thread on the Masons a few weeks back, with a similar question.  The answers maybe applicable.

Guest TheOrder

Like I said, I know so many that are around me, family and friends wise, and i've always been interested from an early age.

If you strip away the conspiracy theories, fact from fiction, and the fact that they are involved in alot of charity work, then i'd be pushed to find a reason why I shouldn't join, when i turn 21.

And i've got my own peronal reason, too.

Guest Verlaine

Do you two...TheOrder and Verlaine..Believe in God?

I have a lot of self-belief, if that counts.

rimshot.gif

More seriously, I don't believe in 'god' per se, though I believe in some kind of cosmic force. But I think where religions go wrong is moulding it into their own design, monotheistic or otherwise. That there is something greater than any of us can comprehend is very likely. But whether or not it's a divine intelligence or a divine providence or a divine fate is probably open to conjecture. I don't believe in an afterlife. I agree with some of the teachings of Shinto, simply because it's one of the few religions that emphasise enjoying life and not worrying about the after- it doesn't concern itself with the afterlife at all, which I think is a very positive thing. However, there are some things about it I can't reconcile with my own beliefs. Personally, I believe that everyone should work out for themselves what they believe based on their own experience, because there is no religion that doesn't require us to modify our own ideas or accept things we know we don't agree with. So everyone should have their own code of morals and beliefs.

Guest TheOrder

A highly private and influential secretive collection of brickies.

Its not a secret society its really a society that has secrets.

A highly private and influential secretive collection of brickies.

Its not a secret organization, its really an organization which has secrets.

How could it be a secret organisation when everyone know about it?

*rolls up one trouser leg and proceeds to give The Order a rather odd handshake*