Microsoft Outlook

NE5

Does anyone use it, instead of outlook express ?

Is there any point in using it instead of outlook express ?

Can you use mailwasher with it in the same way as outlook express ?

Yes

Don't know never used outlook express.

Yes

Yes

Yes

ah...it's that easy ??

Does ms outlook have mail filters mate, or do you use mailwasher ????

Yes

Yes

ah...it's that easy ??

I used to use mailwasher when I was on dial-up because I wanted to get rid of stuff before I'd wasted my time downloading it, but I don't use it since I got broadband and switched my main account to Gmail. But yeah, when that's what I did I used mailwasher.

Outlook does have spam filters and you can set other filters to seperate out your mail into various folders or mark it if you prefer. I use the rules/filters to put stuff in different folders, but that's about it, I never use the spam filter.

Yes

Yes

ah...it's that easy ??

I used to use mailwasher when I was on dial-up because I wanted to get rid of stuff before I'd wasted my time downloading it, but I don't use it since I got broadband and switched my main account to Gmail. But yeah, when that's what I did I used mailwasher.

Outlook does have spam filters and you can set other filters to seperate out your mail into various folders or mark it if you prefer. I use the rules/filters to put stuff in different folders, but that's about it, I never use the spam filter.

I'm on freeserve/wannadoo/orange....since they were taken over by orange I have had an odd spam mail, and a trojan too which I quarantined when it was picked up. On the Freeserve forums they say there has been an increase in these mails and people who have investigated, think that Orange aren't bothering to use their filters so effectively - and don't seem bothered about it either.

I get a lot of e-mails at home. So now I am having to be careful, I can see the spam addresses on mailwasher, but I'm bothered I may miss one so am thinking of installing ms outlook to set up the filters you are mentioning as an extra precaution. I hate fixing things that aren't bust though.

The alternative is changing my isp, modem etc.  More arsing around !!!

Yes

Yes

ah...it's that easy ??

I'm on freeserve/wannadoo/orange....since they were taken over by orange I have had an odd spam mail, and a trojan too which I quarantined when it was picked up. On the Freeserve forums they say there has been an increase in these mails and people who have investigated, think that Orange aren't bothering to use their filters so effectively - and don't seem bothered about it either.

I get a lot of e-mails at home. So now I am having to be careful, I can see the spam addresses on mailwasher, but I'm bothered I may miss one so am thinking of installing ms outlook to set up the filters you are mentioning as an extra precaution. I hate fixing things that aren't bust though.

Get yourself a gmail account.

some people in the office use OE some just O - depends on what they feel happier with

personally I find O rather dated but neither makes it very easy to export data etc

some people in the office use OE some just O - depends on what they feel happier with

personally I find O rather dated but neither makes it very easy to export data etc

meaning ?

I've seen m/s Outlook but stuck with what I know, however if it is safer than OE then I will install it

I find it a bugger tbh - but stick with what works for you

Outlook is older than OE so I would suspect it is less safe but ..............

smooth talking bugger...you've talked me out of making the switch.

Actually over the last few days I haven't had any spam at all so maybe using mailwasher to bounce the address has done the trick

Yes

Yes

ah...it's that easy ??

Get yourself a gmail account.

just opened a googlemail account ie gmail, and it is annoying me that it sends me back a "drop" copy of sent messages into my inbox ???? Can I stop this, I've looked everywhere

just opened a googlemail account ie gmail, and it is annoying me that it sends me back a "drop" copy of sent messages into my inbox ???? Can I stop this, I've looked everywhere

Do you mean when you download it using outlook (express)?

no mate, just had a proper look at it, and what its doing is attaching the "reply" into the replies message into my inbox.

Very annoying, and it also puts the latest message at the bottom of the string of replies !!!!!

It's not connected to OE at all.

no mate, just had a proper look at it, and what its doing is attaching the "reply" into the replies message into my inbox.

Very annoying, and it also puts the latest message at the bottom of the string of replies !!!!!

It's not connected to OE at all.

Yeah it does that, they use the term "conversations" and it'll keep all your messages and any replies they receive together, although this seams weird at the moment, after a while you'll love it and wonder why it wasn't always done like that - well that's what I did anyway. ;)

They give you a massive amount of space, so you never have to delete anything and having them in conversations means you don't have to go hunting around for that email that you really want to find, but can't remember where you put.

Re the order of the messages, you might be able to change that, but once you've read the messages it'll stack them as if the newest one is on the top of a pile, it'll still be the furthest down the page but you won't have to scroll far and if you want to look at one of the other ones you just click on it and it'll open it out.