Summer festivals

Ally

Seen the T in the Park started in Scotland today, anyone got any plans for festivals this Summer?

Going to Leeds in August, can't wait should be class.

Guest Verlaine

ATP is having a pre-Xmas ATP at Butlins, December 8-10.

Best festival of the summer is being held in Chicago and is ludicrously cheap to actually get in. Twenty quid. Sadly, flying there would negate the cheapness of the ticket. But if I lived nearer!

The Green Man festival has a stonking line-up this year too. And La Route du Rock is probably quite tasty.

Guest Brock Manson

Off to Paleo Festival week after next.  :thup:

Looking forward to Placebo most of all.

I hear so much about music festivals and yet they're one of those things I have absolutely zero interest in.

Me too.  blueyes.gif

Like my music but just don't get the whole festival thing. Thousands of people do though, so fair enough. Each to their own.  :)

Guest paddy

went to glasto this year and it was shite, me in a field with a herd of sodding cows!!!! not my cuppa tea

Guest optimistic nit

I hear so much about music festivals and yet they're one of those things I have absolutely zero interest in.

i do, but i share zero music genres with everyone i know. unless i wan't to rock to bands such as the ordinary boys, all american rejects and david blunt, i gots to stay at home.

Guest 3-1 NYD

No Glasto this year so no festival for me. However, attended Hyde Park Calling last sunday (The Who, Primal Scream, Zutons, Ocean Colour Scene) which was immense and am going to Getloaded (Babyshambles, Buzzcoccks, Coxon, The Slits) at Clapham Common next month. Also got the Stones @ Twickers too. That'll do for me.

Less than a year to Glasto though tongue.gif

Was at the Wireless thing in Hyde park a couple of weeks ago but that is just a gig in the park in the evening really.

I dont go in for festivals in a big way but have been to The Big Chill a couple of times and that is amazing. The music is always brilliant. I love Matthew Herbert through his house stuff but saw him at the BC playing with an orchestra doing mad classical jazz electronic stuff. Worth the £90 entrance fee alone.

5 weeks ago I felt exactly the same, had no interest in Music festivals whatsoever

but then I went to Download in Donnington and It was genuinely the best 4 days of my life despite not really enjoying the music with the exception of Prodigy, Metallica and Guns N Roses

going to Leeds fest in August, seriously even if the music is bollocks go for the camping, the mates, the women and the alcohol

5 weeks ago I felt exactly the same, had no interest in Music festivals whatsoever

but then I went to Download in Donnington and It was genuinely the best 4 days of my life despite not really enjoying the music with the exception of Prodigy, Metallica and Guns N Roses

going to Leeds fest in August, seriously even if the music is bollocks go for the camping, the mates, the women and the alcohol

:thup:

I'll not be going to another one this year though, I wasted nigh 500 quid for Download.  Was going to be going to Glade this weekend, then Leeds, but to fuck with that.  Roll on next year...

Guest Hand in Glove

I shall be going, as I always do, to Harvest Festival. May the lord be with you.

:lol:

And also with You...

...Lift up your heart.

Seriously though, last time I went to Leeds someone came into my tent and stole my trousers.

I shall be going, as I always do, to Harvest Festival. May the lord be with you.

And also with You...

...Lift up your heart.

Seriously though, last time I went to Leeds someone came into my tent and stole my trousers.

The cheek of it. Did they ask you to take them off politley?

And also with You...

...Lift up your heart.

At least that's what YOU told the cops, anyway! ;)

:flasher:

Guest Hand in Glove

And also with You...

...Lift up your heart.

No!!! They were quite forceful with their demands. At least I know never to go to a festival with my parents again though.

And also with You...

...Lift up your heart.

No!!! They were quite forceful with their demands. At least I know never to go to a festival with my parents again though.

How cool are you?

Guest Hand in Glove

And also with You...

...Lift up your heart.

How cool are you?

On a scale of 1 to 10... 7.

bluebigrazz.gif

And also with You...

...Lift up your heart.

How cool are you?

On a scale of 1 to 10... 7.

bluebigrazz.gif

Yeah you lost points cos yer dad knicked your pants but gained them cos it was at a festival.  :lol: