Seagulls - Pest Control

GM

:wullie: The phenomenon of the urban seagull is not one which really needs to be cherished. The little fuckers make such a bloody noise all the way through the night - mainly because they're obviously protecting their nest nearby my house in central Edinburgh. but as if disrupting the sleep of the good folk of Auld Reekie wasn't enough, I was viciously attacked by a seagull in the west end of Glasgow city centre last Wednesday (aye, Bluf/colinmk, take my advice and steer clear of the West George Street/Holland Street!) - don't know what I did to disturb it so much, all I was doing was walking along the street minding my own business when one of the savage feathered reptiles swooped down and nearly stabbed my eyes out with its beak. I swear if I'd had an air rifle there and then...:stevieintoon:

Seems this has been a problem in this neck of the woods before, for the past couple of years - and it's no laughing matter take a look at this from Edinburgh Evening News in 2004!!!

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=817522004  blueeek.gif

Never been attacked but them shitting on my car and keeping me awake when I settle into me bed at 5am is more than enough to rile me.

Mind you, they're not so much urban seagulls as, erm, seagulls. Asked for it when we bought a house 100 yards from the sea really.

Bloke shot one recently and got dent to jail if I recall correctly.  Sure it was pissing him and his wife off (swooping at them, trying to get her food etc.) so he went inside and got his air rifle.  Got nicked due to the Wild Bird Protection Act or something similar.  So nowt oyu can do about them I'm afraid.

Bloke shot one recently and got dent to jail if I recall correctly.  Sure it was pissing him and his wife off (swooping at them, trying to get her food etc.) so he went inside and got his air rifle.  Got nicked due to the Wild Bird Protection Act or something similar.  So nowt oyu can do about them I'm afraid.

Apart from shoot the cunts and not get caught.

Bloke shot one recently and got dent to jail if I recall correctly. Sure it was pissing him and his wife off (swooping at them, trying to get her food etc.) so he went inside and got his air rifle. Got nicked due to the Wild Bird Protection Act or something similar. So nowt oyu can do about them I'm afraid.

Well, I may try the bicarbonate of soda routine if things carry on this way much longer. Then the fuckers will just explode in the sky. Problem solved :lol:

Apart from shoot the cunts and not get caught.

Well there is that I suppose  :thup:

Bloke shot one recently and got dent to jail if I recall correctly. Sure it was pissing him and his wife off (swooping at them, trying to get her food etc.) so he went inside and got his air rifle. Got nicked due to the Wild Bird Protection Act or something similar. So nowt oyu can do about them I'm afraid.

Well, I may try the bicarbonate of soda routine if things carry on this way much longer. Then the fuckers will just explode in the sky. Problem solved :lol:

:lol: excellent Idea.  Suicide Seagulls.  There will be hell on in the Daily Mail, they'll think all seagulls have converted to Islam :winking:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

The problem has got even worse now. Looked up in the sky above my house at lunchtime yesterday and I could have counted at least 50 of the filthy fucking sky-rats. But the fuckers will shortly be getting their comeuppance...I just bought this little beauty.  :twisted:

http://images.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.bullnet.co.uk/shops/test/images/S106.jpg

A bit of lead shot and a decent aim and hey, Robert's your mother's brother...I'll get a decent night's rest and be hailed as the saviour of central Edinburgh's sanity!  bluebiggrin.gif And the RSPB can eat my shit, tbh.

Guest Gemmill

Who are you like, Dennis the fucking Menace?!

:lol: I was too scared to buy an air rifle!!!

Any "softies" in your neigbourhood will be shitting themselves.

• 11 months later...

Fifteen minutes ago if you'd have heard it you'd have sworn there was a flock of pterodactyls swarming outside ready for the kill. Screeching like filthy fucking killing machines they were!

And now? It's gone ominously quiet now. Like I just know the bastards are all sat on their nests high up above the rooftops waiting, waiting, just waiting for me to go to bed and for me to be on the cusp of drifting into a dreamless sleep...and then "WHAMMMMMM!!!" - off they'll go again.

:rant:

Guest optimistic nit

The noise doesn't start round here until the sun starts coming up. Then the bastards gan crackers.

here as well. its not gulls though, just songbirds, and i hate the cunts.

Fifteen minutes ago if you'd have heard it you'd have sworn there was a flock of pterodactyls swarming outside ready for the kill. Screeching like filthy fucking killing machines they were!

And now? It's gone ominously quiet now. Like I just know the bastards are all sat on their nests high up above the rooftops waiting, waiting, just waiting for me to go to bed and for me to be on the cusp of drifting into a dreamless sleep...and then "WHAMMMMMM!!!" - off they'll go again.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:epO2IFTjTRfWRM:http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07045c.jpg

:thup:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:epO2IFTjTRfWRM:http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07045c.jpg

:thup:

I would love it, just love it...

beeb have on e in Aberdeen

Last Updated: Friday, 20 July 2007, 09:55 GMT 10:55 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Seagull becomes crisp shoplifter

Seagull in action

The seagull has ben nicknamed Sam by locals

Shoplifting seagull

A seagull has turned shoplifter by wandering into a shop and helping itself to crisps.

The bird walks into the RS McColl newsagents in Aberdeen when the door is open and makes off with cheese Doritos.

The seagull, nicknamed Sam, has now become so popular that locals have started paying for his crisps.

Shop assistant Sriaram Nagarajan said: "Everyone is amazed by the seagull. For some reason he only takes that one particular kind of crisps."

The bird first swooped in Aberdeen's Castlegate earlier this month and made off with the 55p crisps, and is now a regular.

Once outside, the crisps are ripped open and the seagull is joined by other birds.

'Fine art'

Mr Nagarajan said: "He's got it down to a fine art. He waits until there are no customers around and I'm standing behind the till, then he raids the place.

OK, own up

The RSPCA is appealing for information after six seagulls were shot by air rifles on the same street in Hartlepool.

RSPCA inspectors were called to Northgate in Hartlepool on Friday 13 July following a number of complaints from members of the public. The six injured seagulls were found close to residential properties along the road. Two birds were found dead and a further four, which were alive but seriously injured when inspectors arrived, were taken to a local vet where they were euthansed due to the severity of their condition.

Guest Invicta_Toon

never ceases to amaze me, all the shit going on in the world, and there are people driving about euthanising seagulls to ease their suffering.

Fucking hate seagulls, when I used to work at a supermarket there were seagulls scavenging all over the place. I remember my mates car getting absolutley plastered in bird shit once when he was parked there, it was only his car that got covered as well and there were cars parked either side of him and they were completely clean!