Football Firms - Do they still exist?

Guest DaN tHe MaN

Guest DaN tHe MaN

Just finished watching the movie "Green Street Hooligans" which was about a West Ham football firm. Thought it was a cracking movie but wondered if there are still football firms going strong today? Do Newcastle United Firms such as The Gremlins, The Bender Crew, and NME even exist? If so, has anymore had an encounter with such groups?

Guest bobbyshinton

Just finished watching the movie "Green Street Hooligans" which was about a West Ham football firm. Thought it was a cracking movie but wondered if there are still football firms going strong today? Do Newcastle United Firms such as The Gremlins, The Bender Crew, and NME even exist? If so, has anymore had an encounter with such groups?

The Benders morphed into NME which in turned changed to the Gremlins.  They still exist, but not on the scale of the 80's due to banning orders and Jail sentencing.

I believe it is more active in the lower leagues.

The Benders morphed into NME which in turned changed to the Gremlins.  They still exist, but not on the scale of the 80's due to banning orders and Jail sentencing.

It is, but from what I have witnessed nothing ever happens or something minor. Rarely does it "kick off" properly and police generally seem to have it well under control.

Guest Bellers

It is, but from what I have witnessed nothing ever happens or something minor. Rarely does it "kick off" properly and police generally seem to have it well under control.

When Rangers came down here last Pre-season they were arranging fights amongst themselves.

Guest Petay

They still very much exist they have just got smarter.  I live in Huddersfield and the Huddersfield casuals are still quite a big presence, they organise fights away from the grounds now using mobile phones and internet forums.  I get all the gory details from my mate who works for west yorkshire police and is involved with alot of match day security.

Guest Toon_Fanatic

There's hundreds of them still about. They're mainly all called 'casuals' but they don't go around kicking the shite out of people as much as they used to.

If you go on the 'Terrace Casuals' website via Google, there's a link to nearly every UK club's firm's website.

Guest bobbyshinton

The Benders?!  They sound rock! :lol:

One of the best at what they did at the time.  Up their with the ICF, Red Army, Headhunters, BBC etc

:roll:

One of the best at what they did at the time.  Up their with the ICF, Red Army, Headhunters, BBC etc

BBC got a firm! :lol: Would be pissed off with I had a rageing Lawrenson stick a nut on me 10mins before KO!

i did my dissertation on the changes in hooliganism over the last 40 years, although firms do exist, the majority of violence is underground, far away from football stadiums and quite often not in the slightest bit related to football.

BBC got a firm! :lol: Would be pissed off with I had a rageing Lawrenson stick a nut on me 10mins before KO!

Motty: "OH, and er, it's all kicking off now hehehe"

Guest Gemmill

Were they like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?

Yep, they gavethe other firms fashion tips, for the fights.  Then hit them when they were thinking about their outfits.  :lol:

Guest Gemmill

Yep, they gavethe other firms fashion tips, for the fights.  Then hit them when they were thinking about their outfits.  :lol:

"Ooooooooooo, what's SHE come as, the bitch!? gay.gif "

Anyone been watching "The Real Football Factories" on Bravo? That Danny Dyer making himself look a right fool. The stuff with the OCS was absolutely hilarious.

Guest henryb1

Anyone been watching "The Real Football Factories" on Bravo? That Danny Dyer making himself look a right fool. The stuff with the OCS was absolutely hilarious.

WHATS THE OCS, AND WHICH ONE D DYER MAKE HIMSELF LOOK THE MOST LIKE A FOOL?

Yes sadly they do still exiist only now its a lot more organized and the fights are arranged at a place away from the match and the public eye.

These idiots will meet at tradign esates or abandond factories, most cannot go to the match as they are banned, they fools do not support the club its tits like them that cost clubs a fortune in police bilsl on a match day.

Fight int he name of football its just brain dead nonsense.

Yes sadly they do still exiist only now its a lot more organized and the fights are arranged at a place away from the match and the public eye.

These idiots will meet at tradign esates or abandond factories, most cannot go to the match as they are banned, they fools do not support the club its tits like them that cost clubs a fortune in police bilsl on a match day.

Fight int he name of football its just brain dead nonsense.

As long as its away from the general public these idiots can beat the crap out of each other as much as they like tbh!

Guest bobbyshinton

Owl Crime Squad and the lad made a load of enemies amongst his so called mates, rivals and Police.

He will be in for a hard year

Yeah, downloaded em as something to watch on my DivX player, worth it to see what a pillock he makes of himself.

Trying to act the hard lad and all pally with these nutters while clearly shitting himself all the way through  :lol:

Did you see the footage someone sent him of German forest fighting though?  :shock:

Derby Countys DLF like, proper hard bastards tbh.

:lol:

They're all daft cunts, not just the DLF but all firms.  It's pathetic.  Speaking of the DLF, one of their members got in to a row with a Leeds fan at France 98 and bit his eye out, is it worth that?

Having said that like I got myself in an awkward position after the Sunderland game at home this season, but all people who organise violence are heed the baals.