Fantasy Premier League 2006-7 season

Optimistic Nut

Guest sunderlandsuck

whoop im on 26 and still got a couple of players yet to play (*hopes 26 is good*)

im on 35 ;) and still got a few players to play. 9 points were from ameobi

47 now

Guest Arsenal Ref

Can I just remind people, that the deadline for entrance into the Newcastle-Online Cup is tomorrow night at 7pm to allow for late comers. I'll do a check of the league at that time, and if you're not in then, then tough.

Can I also make another request, that if you're not happy with your team name, then make sure you change it before 7pm tomorrow, as I'll also be making a note of those team names, and if they change after that, and I can't find you, then I can't include you in any draws or results, and you'll have to be removed.

With 169 teams at the moment, there will be a qualifying round. 95 teams will receive a bye. The remaining 74 will compete in the Qualifying Round to get into the 1st Round. The Qualifying Round will take place in GW3.

I'll post the QR draw on here at around 8.30-9pm tomorrow.

Thank you!  :lol:

Ok another stupid question (sorry I usually play yahoo fantasy), whats the deal with transfers? Unlimited or only at certain point of the season? Tried to transfer players coz bloody Pennant might not get into Liverpool's first team, but couldn't do it  :confused:

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Can I just remind people, that the deadline for entrance into the Newcastle-Online Cup is tomorrow night at 7pm to allow for late comers. I'll do a check of the league at that time, and if you're not in then, then tough.

Can I also make another request, that if you're not happy with your team name, then make sure you change it before 7pm tomorrow, as I'll also be making a note of those team names, and if they change after that, and I can't find you, then I can't include you in any draws or results, and you'll have to be removed.

With 169 teams at the moment, there will be a qualifying round. 95 teams will receive a bye. The remaining 74 will compete in the Qualifying Round to get into the 1st Round. The Qualifying Round will take place in GW3.

I'll post the QR draw on here at around 8.30-9pm tomorrow.

Thank you!  :lol:

Is it the top 95 teams in the league that get the bye?

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Ok another stupid question (sorry I usually play yahoo fantasy), whats the deal with transfers? Unlimited or only at certain point of the season? Tried to transfer players coz bloody Pennant might not get into Liverpool's first team, but couldn't do it  :confused:

Transfers

After selecting your squad you can still deal in the transfer market. Unlimited squad transfers can be made, 1 transfer can be made between each gameweek deadline without charge. Each additional transfer made in the same gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total at the next deadline. Free transfers are not carried over from week to week.

All transfers before the start of the season are made at no cost. For teams entering after the start of the season, no points will be deducted before their first deadline.

You can play 1 transfer wild card a season. All transfers made in the Gameweek your wild card is played will be without points deduction. You play your wild card when confirming transfers.

Any transfers you make will become active at the next deadline.

Frequently asked questions

Transfers don't seem to be costing me points?

Transfer points will be deducted at the start of the next Gameweek. Transfers are free of charge before the season starts.

Can I cancel transfers / my wildcard?

No. Once you have confirmed your transfers they are final and can't be reversed under any circumstances.

Why don't I receive a player's current value when selling them?

If you sell a player for a higher price than you paid then a sell-on fee is applied. You can read more about the sell-on fee here.

When using my wildcard do all transfers have to be made at the same time?

No, all transfers made in the Gameweek your wildcard is played will be without points deduction.

Guest Arsenal Ref

Is it the top 95 teams in the league that get the bye?

No, it's a completely random, unseeded draw.

wait how do you join this Newcastle-Online cup :S ?

You simply enter it by being in the N-O league by the deadline.

And btw, I forgot I am going training this evening, so won't be back till 9. So you have a 2 hour extension to get your teams in if you haven't already.

Guest Arsenal Ref

Right, here goes. The Qualifying Round fixtures. Games played on a one-off basis, with replays if necessary. QR Proper in GW3, if replays are necessary, they'll be in GW5. If you don't see your team's name in the list, you've got a bye to the 1st Round.

Qualifying Round

1 Chucky FC vs Team L

2 Matt's XI vs LeChefToon

3 Consett Utd vs Hebburn Reyrolle F.C

4 We are Not Brazil vs Toon Jersey

5 My Sheets Are Clean vs alpal78

6 Athletico Frederico vs Sukkajengi

7 Dammy Duffers vs BishopsGate

8 Cosmic Joker FC vs Shola's Super Squad

9 Holy Grail vs League Winners

10 MongolianHeadButters vs Barstool Rovers

11 The Raging Vagabonds vs King Gheedorah's Utd

12 Wanchester City vs PSV Spectrum

13 Deportivo La Cortina vs Huggsie's Heroes

14 Dud's Army vs nufc

15 Hall's Headliners vs Chow's Chunky Chimps

16 Oh. My. Dahyum vs The A Team

17 Northern Angels vs binary united plc

18 CommanderCocoBananas vs TESTIVOITTAJA

19 Harakat vs Toon_szeged

20 OptimisticNutcases vs Jellicoe's Stars

21 scarlets vs Dyer's sore hammy

22 toon salvation army vs Iain Dowie's Face

23 FC Entropy vs onoes

24 Pohang Steelers F.C. vs Shire Sharks

25 SCNUFC vs Treble Bud!!

26 The Mental Bootboys vs Shoes_off

27 House vs timneyterrors

28 Imps vs Sexy Time

29 Brutal Deluxe vs Bunch of Bankers

30 Magic Darts vs BoomHeadshot FC

31 Inittowinit vs The Magpies

32 Killer_sperm vs Life is a Dream

33 Galatasaray vs Magpies flying high

34 Dynamo Meldrew vs Roeder's boys

35 Newcastle Splatcats vs NUFCGators

36 BarmanFC vs FairylandinReality

37 Bill Quay Leazes End vs knightz of the wood

38 The Shoguns vs Complete Burch

39 Inter MeGran vs Bazzas Boys

Guest Arsenal Ref

my position in the writers team for anyone who can find 'reet lads' in that ;)

I can confirm 'Reet Lads' received a bye to the 1st Round, so no need to worry yourself yet.  :winking:

Guest sunderlandsuck

im screwed. makalele an carrager both out injured

transfer them. i got rid of rooney ready for the 3 match ban

im just gunna transfer carrager, makalele returns this month anyway

Think this early start to the gameweek, in a week when some of the big boys aren't playing, is going to have caught some people out.  Just looked at my pub league and there's a fair few people still with Henry or Gerrard as captain  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Arsenal Ref

Let me get this right, is the qualifying round based on the 3rd game (this Saturday the 22nd) or 3rd week of the season (the following Saturday 2nd of September)?

Yeah, I mean 'Gameweek'. Each set of fixtures is classified as a gameweek, and there are, of course, 38 in a season. We're currently in GW2, so GW3 is indeed this weekend's games.  :thup:

Guest Arsenal Ref

One last question (I hope), when is the transfer dateline before every week? Can I still transfer players hours before the game kicks off?

In the right side panel, underneath links, it has a little yellow box that say's

"Next Deadline

Closed: Gameweek 2 - 22 Aug 19:30 BST

Open: Gameweek 3 - 26 Aug 11:30 BST"

So you have until 11.30am this Saturday for the coming gameweek. As a rule of thumb, weekend gameweeks close at 11.30 on Saturday, and midweek gameweeks at 7.30pm on the first day of action (usually Tuesday).