Fantasy Premier League 2006-7 season

Optimistic Nut

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Any chance of one of the mods copy and pasting all the cup details to the 1st post in this thread? its annoying looking through the different pages for the info!

Looking forward to the group stage draw! and you are probably doing it as I type but when is the 1st round of the cup?

Guest Arsenal Ref

Any chance of one of the mods copy and pasting all the cup details to the 1st post in this thread? its annoying looking through the different pages for the info!

Looking forward to the group stage draw! and you are probably doing it as I type but when is the 1st round of the cup?

The format for the Newcastle-Online Cup is simple. 171 teams entered it. 78 were drawn at random to compete in the Qualifying Round which took place in GW3. Those 39 winners progress to meet the 93 other teams who received a bye. Those 128 then compete in a straight knockout basis between GW7 and GW36. If ties are drawn, then a replay is used to determine the winning side. The important dates are:

GW3 - Qualifying Round

GW5 - Qualifying Round Replays

GW7 - 1st Round Proper

GW9 - 1st Round Replays

GW11 - 2nd Round Proper

GW13 - 2nd Round Replays

GW15 - 3rd Round Proper

GW17 - 3rd Round Replays

GW23 - 4th Round Proper

GW25 - 4th Round Proper

GW27 - Quarter Final

GW29 - Quarter Final Replays

GW31 - Semi Final

GW33 - Semi Final Replays

GW36 - Final

GW38 - Final Replay

As for the Newcastle-Online Champions League, that is open to the top 128 teams after GW5. So if you entered after the deadline for the N-O Cup, then you're still eligible for the N-OCL, provided you're in the top 128 after BPs have been added after GW5. Those 128 teams will then be split into 32 groups of 4 by a seeded draw, and will face each team in their group twice, home and away. The top two sides qualify to the 2nd Round, at which point it becomes a straight, two-legged knockout competition. The important dates for this competition are:

GW1-5 - Seeding Points accumulation

GW6 - Matchday 1

GW8 - Matchday 2

GW10 - Matchday 3

GW12 - Matchday 4

GW14 - Matchday 5

GW16 - Matchday 6

GW18 - 2nd Round 1st Legs

GW20 - 2nd Round 2nd Legs

GW22 - 3rd Round 1st Legs

GW24 - 3rd Round 2nd Legs

GW26 - 4th Round 1st Legs

GW28 - 4th Round 2nd Legs

GW30 - Quarter Final 1st Legs

GW32 - Quarter Final 2nd Legs

GW34 - Semi Final 1st Legs

GW36 - Semi Final 2nd Legs

GW38 - Final

Guest Arsenal Ref

Qualifying Round Results

1 Chucky FC 37-32 Team L

2 Matt's XI 51-49 LeChefToon

3 Consett Utd 26-30 Hebburn Reyrolle F.C

4 We are Not Brazil  38-41 Toon Jersey

5 My Sheets Are Clean 47-54 alpal78

6 Athletico Frederico 46-35 Sukkajengi

7 Dammy Duffers 38-25 BishopsGate

8 Cosmic Joker FC 42-46 Shola's Super Squad

9 Holy Grail 40-37 League Winners

10 MongolianHeadButters 38-30 Barstool Rovers

11 The Raging Vagabonds 40-46 King Gheedorah's Utd

12 Wanchester City 31-53 PSV Spectrum

13 Deportivo La Cortina 57-37 Huggsie's Heroes

14 Dud's Army 33-25 nufc

15 Hall's Headliners 37-52 Chow's Chunky Chimps

16 Oh. My. Dahyum 17-46 The A Team

17 Northern Angels 51-45 binary united plc

18 CommanderCocoBananas 39-50 TESTIVOITTAJA

19 Harakat 37-35 Toon_szeged

20 OptimisticNutcases 41-27 Jellicoe's Stars

21 scarlets 25-48 Dyer's sore hammy

22 toon salvation army 30-43 Iain Dowie's Face

23 FC Entropy 42-45 onoes

24 Pohang Steelers F.C. 52-38 Shire Sharks

25 SCNUFC 40-36 Treble Bud!!

26 The Mental Bootboys 38-51 Shoes_off

27 House    46-25 timneyterrors

28 Imps 44-44 Sexy Time

29 Brutal Deluxe 44-37 Bunch of Bankers

30 Magic Darts 27-36 BoomHeadshot FC

31 Inittowinit 24-20 The Magpies

32 Killer_sperm 27-38 Life is a Dream

33 Galatasaray 40-44 Magpies flying high

34 Dynamo Meldrew 33-39 Roeder's boys

35 Newcastle Splatcats 27-25 NUFCGators

36 BarmanFC 41-48 FairylandinReality

37 Bill Quay Leazes End 60-36 knightz of the wood

38 The Shoguns 56-36 Complete Burch

39 Inter MeGran 35-23 Bazzas Boys

Which all means we have one replay, which will take place in GW5. In the event of another draw, the winner will be decided firstly on the score before BPs are added, then the captain's points, then the toal of the goalkeeper, best scoring defender, midfielder and striker, and the two still can't be seperated, then league position.

Qualifying Round Replay (GW5):

28 Sexy Time vs Imps

And can I remind people not to change their team names, as it makes it very difficult to find you in the league, and when there are 39-64 matches, it's a pain in the backside. If anyone does it in the 1st Round, they'll be disqualified. You have been warned!  :winking:

The draw for the 1st Round will take place after GW5.

Thank you!  :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

well how retarded. 31 pts ffs, and my inkowthescore will be in the negatives as well.

toon lose 2-0

not a good week for the nitster.

Top work once again Arsenal Ref!

Im looking good to qualify for Champs League being 8th and all ;)

Who is The Raging Vagabonds? Because my mate King Gheedorah's Utd (a man u fan) is absolutely delighted that he beat you! Especially after I told him you were top of the league (after week 1?) he thought that he was going out early doors! :lol:

Speaking of which, im glad its a seeded draw this year! As last year I walked my group winning all of the games and sure I had the overall best points aggregate? Then the knockout round got drawn and I got drawn against whoever was top of our league at the time? was it Strunken Allstars? Oh I cant remember exactly!  :thdn: needless to say I got knocked out kind of remember it being close though? any chance of digging up last years thread?

Who is Strunken Allstars anyway? Up there again I see! :second:  :thup:

Top work once again Arsenal Ref!

Im looking good to qualify for Champs League being 8th and all ;)

Who is The Raging Vagabonds? Because my mate King Gheedorah's Utd (a man u fan) is absolutely delighted that he beat you! Especially after I told him you were top of the league (after week 1?) he thought that he was going out early doors! :lol:

Speaking of which, im glad its a seeded draw this year! As last year I walked my group winning all of the games and sure I had the overall best points aggregate? Then the knockout round got drawn and I got drawn against whoever was top of our league at the time? was it Strunken Allstars? Oh I cant remember exactly!  :thdn: needless to say I got knocked out kind of remember it being close though? any chance of digging up last years thread?

Who is Strunken Allstars anyway? Up there again I see! :second:  :thup:

I am the mighty Raging Vagabonds, chose the wrong el capitan this week, so bow out early doors. I think I may have peaked to early!

He only got 4pts for his captain too! but yeah by the looks of things if you had picked one of 5 different players you would of won!

Not to worry though as it looks like you'll definately qualify for the Champs League!

Unlike my mate who is 133 at the moment :lol:

Dont worry Nit you have two matchweeks yet to scrape into the CL ;)

Its quite possible to get 100 pts or more in a week! (I've never seen it though tbh)

:lol:

edit: I have seen it but it never happened to me is perhaps a better way of putting it!

Guest Arsenal Ref

Dont worry Nit you have two matchweeks yet to scrape into the CL ;)

Its quite possible to get 100 pts or more in a week! (I've never seen it though tbh)

:lol:

edit: I have seen it but it never happened to me is perhaps a better way of putting it!

And also, it's very close still, being so early, so a good week pushes you up a lot of places.

As for the Newcastle-Online Champions League, that is open to the top 128 teams after GW5. So if you entered after the deadline for the N-O Cup, then you're still eligible for the N-OCL, provided you're in the top 128 after BPs have been added after GW5. Those 128 teams will then be split into 32 groups of 4 by a seeded draw, and will face each team in their group twice, home and away. The top two sides qualify to the 2nd Round, at which point it becomes a straight, two-legged knockout competition. The important dates for this competition are:

GW1-5 - Seeding Points accumulation

GW6 - Matchday 1

GW8 - Matchday 2

GW10 - Matchday 3

GW12 - Matchday 4

GW14 - Matchday 5

GW16 - Matchday 6

GW18 - 2nd Round 1st Legs

GW20 - 2nd Round 2nd Legs

GW22 - 3rd Round 1st Legs

GW24 - 3rd Round 2nd Legs

GW26 - 4th Round 1st Legs

GW28 - 4th Round 2nd Legs

GW30 - Quarter Final 1st Legs

GW32 - Quarter Final 2nd Legs

GW34 - Semi Final 1st Legs

GW36 - Semi Final 2nd Legs

GW38 - Final

Or was that a piss-take question?

As in you cant remember what it is as we haven't (won't) been (be) in it (ever again) for so long?  ;)

Who is Strunken Allstars anyway? Up there again I see! :second: :thup:

Frequent lurker and very, very occasional poster!

Cheers for running this comp again guys, good effort!

Have many people played there wildcards yet?  Tried to resist but gave in after a few beers on Saturday night.  Dont tinker when your drunk!!

Good Luck !

Well done on your consistant management skills  :winking:

Yeah I had to play my wildcard the other day! Otherwise I would of been tinkering around with the idea of using it every other week, should of waited until Jan really but thought it would be best to just get it out of the way!

Quite confident that i've made a good job of it though, guess we will find out over the next few match weeks  :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

i used my wildcard. i have a bit of cash spare, which i may use on one of the argie inports depending on how well they do.