Racism in football

DJ_NUFC

Guest bimpy474

One thing that should be done off the back of all this is that the microphones the Ref and assistant have should be recorded. That would have settled this incident quickly.

They did a trial yonks ago, Arsenal at Millwall i think it was, with David Ellleray as the ref.

It was mental, Tony Adams called Elleray a cheat over not getting a decision, others were swearing their heads off. Elleray could have sent 10 players off for bad language. It really did show how hard it can be for ref's.

Here is some of it.

dqeecs

Friend told me about going to see footy in the states and overheard player disagreeing with ref by shouting "that was SHOCKING ref, SHOCKING", mate and his dad burst out laughing at how tame shouting at the ref was and got a lot of odd looks  :lol:

Under the rules of football is swearing an offence? If I was a ref and someone told me to fuck off I'd red card them.

Referees need more support through replays and technology there is no way they can see everything, the fact fifa wont use technology shows how backwards they are.

yes swearing is an offence if directed at a match official.

IIRC the law wording is "foul and/or abusive language towards a match official" and is a red card offence.

However Graham Poll said on 5live, that officials are told to try and keep 22 players on the pitch.

Some of the stuff Rooney (just using him as an example) gets away with is disgusting like. If you're openly telling a referee to eff off then you should walk. It's ridiculous that they've let it go on so long to the point where it now seems acceptable.

IIRC the law wording is "foul and/or abusive language towards a match official" and is a red card offence.

However Graham Poll said on 5live, that officials are told to try and keep 22 players on the pitch.

Something else Raheem Sterling got away with yesterday then

Under the rules of football is swearing an offence? If I was a ref and someone told me to fuck off I'd red card them.

Referees need more support through replays and technology there is no way they can see everything, the fact fifa wont use technology shows how backwards they are.

swearing by itself is no longer an offence according to graham poll whom i heard on talksport yesterday, its abuse they look out for but expect industrial level of language out of footballers

Will Chelsea be clamped down on though? Will the authorities want to be seen to be sympathetic towards people standing up to racism.

The FA may find Clattenberg not guilty but still think Chelsea are ok to report what they "thought" were racist comments.

Something else Raheem Sterling got away with yesterday then

Someone needs to knock that little shit down a few pegs.