Racism in football

DJ_NUFC

And these 70 slurs are coming primarily from fans of his club? I assume it's mostly disgruntled Man United supporters. Or do  black players routinely receive abuse after high profile matches?, finals and the like. 

Guess when you lose it’s your fans, when you win it’s the other fans. When you say something in public, it’s fans of anyone and no one.

My assumption is that it’s routine on social media in any of those scenarios. 

It really is grim stuff. Sky have doubled down on their reporting of racist incidents, which is routinely met with people moaning about it being rammed down their throat. 

I really don't know how you solve it, perhaps bring in ID verification on social media short term, to clamp down on the internet hard men spouting off. Long term it's all about education. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It really is grim stuff. Sky have doubled down on their reporting of racist incidents, which is routinely met with people moaning about it being rammed down their throat. 

Wouldn't shock me if that is a deliberate decision to reinforce a toxic circle that works wonders for the news cycle.

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

Wouldn't shock me if that is a deliberate decision to reinforce a toxic circle that works wonders for the news cycle.

A majority of the stuff churned out these days is click bait. 'Outrage' is the most likely emotion to prompt a click, so the more provocative headlines they can push out the better, as far as they're concerned.

2 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

And these 70 slurs are coming primarily from fans of his club? I assume it's mostly disgruntled Man United supporters. Or do  black players routinely receive abuse after high profile matches?, finals and the like. 

I'd imagine where Rashford is concerned you'll have a fair degree of diehard bozza j fans that vehemently opposed to children being fed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HTT II
14 minutes ago, Wullie said:

He’s far too nice to the dimwit caller, but I like how he got around his own hypocrisy to bring him down. 

7 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Tory MP Andew Bridgen has just told C4 News that Marcus Rashford is 'misguided' in choosing to take the knee, as it is associated with an 'organization with extremist views'.

Wait until he finds out about the views of the Conservative Party.

There are no words, really.

Wait until England get to the knock out rounds as well. The Union Jack waving rugga boy Tories will be out in force and getting photos taken in front of TV screens with fists in the air. Fucking transparent cunts.

Edited by toon25

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Tory MP Andew Bridgen has just told C4 News that Marcus Rashford is 'misguided' in choosing to take the knee, as it is associated with an 'organization with extremist views'.

No surprise they're gunning for Rashford after he showed them all up.

Guest HTT II
36 minutes ago, Sima said:

No surprise they're gunning for Rashford after he showed them all up.

He’s done more for kids in this country than any Tory ever has and ever will. Love Rashford me, hope he turns down his future knighthood mind…