Mario Yepes offered - Chronicle

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Guest Geordiesned

Super Mario Deal Hitch

SAM Allardyce has hit a double snag in his bid to land Paris St Germain defender Mario Yepes.

The United boss has identified Yepes – nicknamed Super Mario – as the additional defender he would like to bring in before the transfer window slams shut again in 17 days time.

A move for Yepes would see the 31-year-old link up with his former PSG team-mate David Rozehnal.

However, the United boss wants to sign Yepes on a free transfer, while the French outfit value him at 2m.

And Yepes is not keen on doing what Cacapa did – coming to Tyneside so that Big Sam’s medical team can run the rule over him.

It would not be the end of the world if United did not get another central defender in, with Steven Taylor and Rozehnal looking OK together and with Cacapa and Peter Ramage waiting for their chance.

And Allardyce knows that he is in pole position as far as top Brazilian defender Edmilson is concerned after flying out to Barcelona to talk to him while he recovers from a knee injury.

Meanwhile, Preston North End want to take Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll on loan – and they will probably get their wish in the next couple of days.

More than 20 clubs want the 19-year-old Carroll, including just about every team in the Championship.

Sam Allardyce knows that he has a strong strike force, with his five main men being Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Mark Viduka, Shola Ameobi and Alan Smith, although the latter is equally at home in midfield.

The Chronicle reported last week that Sheffield Wednesday wanted Carroll (right) and that Allardyce was saying because his young striker was unlikely to figure in the Premiership that much this season he was likely to let him out on loan.

Big Sam has looked closely at the clubs wanting Carroll and will be happy to let him go to play under Paul Simpson at Deepdale, probably on a six-month loan deal.

And the United boss hopes to finalise the transfer of Albert Luque to Levante in the next couple of days. I understand that the only thing holding up the deal is United are looking at the financial side for the striker who cost them £10m exactly two years ago.

Allardyce left both Carroll and Nobby Solano out of last night’s work-out at Blue Star because of interest from other clubs in them.

But while Carroll’s short-term future looks like it is being sorted out, Solano is still waiting to hear about his and it’s ironic that West Ham hold th key to both him and Kieron Dyer.

To add to the irony, Hammers boss Alan Curbishley is ready to switch from Dyer to Derby County’s Giles Barnes, who, like Joey Barton, will be out until the middle of next month with a fractured metatarsal.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

If we're tight on funds then we should sell Ramage and bring Yepes in.

Yepes would be a far more valuable member of the squad.

Guest Milburnthedog

Personally think Edgar is a better prospecy than Ramage, by far. He looked comfortable against most opposition I've seen him play against.

Would be nice to get another centre back in. I don't have much faith in Ramage but in a big emergency he isn't THAT bad as 5th choice centre back. We can get away with him coming in against lesser teams if we've got a good team around him. He's never actually played in a good Newcastle team yet. He is definitely a weak link but he will do for this season. I say 5th choice because i would loan out Edgar if we can get another defender in. He has looked a class above Ramage and Huntington the few times he's played. Get him loaned out and maybe Huntington as well. I think Huntington is absolutely desperate for a good kicking in a lower league tbh.

gajin LOL look wat he had 2 say:

"Mario Yepes' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

The only thing that can cut Mario Yepes is Mario Yepes.

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Mario Yepes instead decided to punch his way out of his mother’s womb. Shortly thereafter he grew a beard.

Mario Yepes sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled defensive ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Mario slide-tackled the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn’t stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

Mario Yepes does not sleep. He waits.

Mario Yepes once slide-tackled someone so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

Mario Yepes built a time machine and went back in time to stop the JFK assassination. As Oswald shot, Mario met all three bullets with his beard, deflecting them. JFK’s head exploded out of sheer amazement.

Mario Yepes is not hung like a horse… horses are hung like Mario Yepes

To prove it isn’t that big of a deal to beat cancer, Mario Yepes smoked 15 cartons of cigarettes a day for 2 years and aquired 7 different kinds of cancer only to rid them from his body by flexing for 30 minutes. Beat that, Lance Armstrong.

The chief export of Mario Yepes is pain.

Mario Yepes is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Mario Yepes won ‘Jumanji’ without ever saying the word. He simply beat the living daylights out of everything that was thrown at him, and the game forfeited.

Mario Yepes lost his virginity before his dad did.

Mario Yepes was the fourth Wise Man. He brought baby Jesus the gift of “beard”. Jesus wore it proudly to his dying day. The other Wisemen, jealous of Jesus’ obvious gift favoritism, used their combined influence to have Mario omitted from the Bible. Shortly after all three died of slide-tackle related deaths.

:kasper: and thers much more.. i changed my mind.. bring him in  :frantic: :clap2:

Guest Sniffer

Bit sceptical about a 31 year old being able to to adjust to the pace of the premier league. Far better getting a younger player and allowing them time to settle in along with this capaca or whatever his name is. Pace or experience in the premier league like Sol...... but a man with neither when you are trying to build a solid defence?  Sounds a bit dodgy to me but I admit I've never seen him play or at least never paid any attention to him .

Bit sceptical about a 31 year old being able to to adjust to the pace of the premier league. Far better getting a younger player and allowing them time to settle in along with this capaca or whatever his name is. Pace or experience in the premier league like Sol...... but a man with neither when you are trying to build a solid defence?  Sounds a bit dodgy to me but I admit I've never seen him play or at least never paid any attention to him .

:rolleyes: but his tears cure cancer...  :idiot2:  

if we can find a younger cancer-curing-devil-kicking-jumanji-beating defender. im all for it

We MUST sign Mario... 

Is there anything that this "god" cant do????        :crazy2:                        :celb:

(see 3rd post down by gaijin)

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314985

WTF Someone has a lot of spare time :lol:

All of those jokes are from collections of jokes about Chuck Norris. He wouldn't need more time than it takes to paste them into Word and run a search and replace.

In other words, those people impressed with this guy are really expecting him to be Chuck Norris. They are bound to be disappointed.

[

We MUST sign Mario... 

Is there anything that this "god" cant do????         :crazy2:                         :celb:

(see 3rd post down by gaijin)

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314985

WTF Someone has a lot of spare time :lol:

All of those jokes are from collections of jokes about Chuck Norris. He wouldn't need more time than it takes to paste them into Word and run a search and replace.

In other words, those people impressed with this guy are really expecting him to be Chuck Norris. They are bound to be disappointed.

well thanks for pissing on the parade.. actually thought we were signing a quality player.  n those tears could have been useful in an injury crisis too..

Guest SeattleToon

Sniffer....you're right that Yepes doesn't have much pace (I mentioned this is my first post about him), but he knows it and therefore positions himself accordingly. He doesn't go upfield very much (you will rarely see him venture out of his own half), but instead stays back and plays more as a sweeper, behind the other defenders. He is very good at reading the game and rarely makes mistakes, and he's a monster in the air.

All in all, even at 2 million Euros, I think he would be an excellent signing.