Jericho

indi

Just watched Jericho - promising, hope it doesn't turn into a flag waving propaganda fest though.

Anyone else watched it yet?

**********Sort of spoilers**********

Also, what about the rest of the world?

If the US was the only target, then it wouldn't take long for the rest of the world to move in, either to help, or to plunder their resources, oh the irony!! ;)

End of the world lost-esque character drama, with underlying terrorism storyline. Basically, the US gets nuked, and the town of Jericho have to adapt to living without power/aid etc. It's pretty good.

The pilot is available at the usual sources.

Ok I've seen traveler now and I have to say it's just a little far fetched ;) even for me!!

I'll give it a chance, but I thought Jericho was better and more realistic - if that makes any sense :lol: - also I felt Traveler was a little cliched in parts eg the mysterious hotel porter bloke, who is "on their side", but won't tell them anything - Deep-throat-tastic!! ;)

Neither are as tight as PB or Lost, but maybe that'll come with time, I hope they make some programmes in this genre over here soon.

Traveler is all about high-tempo entertainment though, ultra-realism is intentially ignored. It's created by David Nutter (Millenium, Smallville, Supernatural, Without a Trace, Sopranos etc etc), so you know the story's going to be tight in the long run.

Jericho, like you say, is pretty promising, but it might be quite difficult for the writers to expand on the basic premise. For example, if you look at LOST, season one was "surviving on an island", whilst season two had all this mythology suddenly rammed in our faces, and the entire show morphed into a new show. If Jericho doesn't do that (and I mean pretty early on, I don't think it has a full season to play with) it'll struggle to hold interest, and it'll struggle to hold onto it's viewers.

Look out for The Nine, Heroes and Six Degrees (created by jj abrams) too btw. They all look fairly promising.

The pilot for Heroes is VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY slow though, but it might pick up after a few episodes hopefully.

These pilots will probably change before they actually air BTW. Especially travler, which doesn't start until January. I think they've probably been leeked deliberately by the production teams and networks to try to gauge public reaction, and make any tweaks based on that reaction.

• 6 months later...