Bobby Zamora?

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Would anyone take him from West Ham on a cheap option? Obviously not as our new number nine but he's a decent striker whose had a few moves and could really benefit from a bit of stabality- see also a pre Spurs Robbie Keane.

Didnt really set the world alight at Spurs but he always looks decent for West Ham and considering they now have Ashton and Harewood as their top two strikers, i think he would be worth a punt, plus may be keen on a move.

Definately not. Championship player who at his best is Premiership relegation-candidate standard.

Ameobi is seriously better than him, including all the retarded pushes, thinly sliced headers and diabolical touches.

Definately not. Championship player who at his best is Premiership relegation-candidate standard.

Ameobi is seriously better than him, including all the retarded pushes, thinly sliced headers and diabolical touches.

Quoted for truth. No thanks.

Guest BooBoo

Personally i wouldnt be thrilled with him. He just seems to fit in with Roeders very narrow looking "transfer target" policy:

-Not a fat cat.

- Premiership experience

- Youngish

- Would see it as a step up.

- Wouldnt cost a bomb.

- Club would probably sell

Not too many players fit that criteria. Others could include Luke Moore, Jason Roberts (not exactly young though), Gamst Pedersen (Rovers would be very reluctant sellers), Jon Stead (!), Stephen Elliott (!!!)

i'm not a massive fan of the player but you've got to love the ditty the hammers serenade him with....

"When the ball hits the net like a fucking rocket

.....it's Zamora."

"When the ball hits the goal it's not Shearer or Cole

.....it's Zamora."

Personally i wouldnt be thrilled with him. He just seems to fit in with Roeders very narrow looking "transfer target" policy:

-Not a fat cat.

- Premiership experience

- Youngish

- Would see it as a step up.

- Wouldnt cost a bomb.

- Club would probably sell

Not too many players fit that criteria. Others could include Luke Moore, Jason Roberts (not exactly young though), Gamst Pedersen (Rovers would be very reluctant sellers), Jon Stead (!), Stephen Elliott (!!!)

Maybe Roeder didn't mention it because it's fairly obvious, but along with those things they also have to be not absolutely shit.

Rate Ameobi higher but he is miles better than Chopra.

I don't think Chopra was that bad, he never played that much when the team was playing well under Roeder and instead ran around like a headless chicken for Souness.

I think people look into everything too much!

Souness said he wanted Premiership proven players and signed Luque and Emre!

Without forgetting Boumsong and Faye!

I was thinking in the summer as im sure thats when he made the comment but aye those two also.

• 1 month later...