Scholes for England?

Dave

Guest nufc16

he was shit for england for the last 4 or 5 years of his career anyway. not lampard shit, but still shit. see no point to it.

His club form hasn't been the best, but Lampard will never be fit to lace Paul Scholes' boots in his prime, probably the most underrated player of a generation is Scholesy.

http://www.pichotel.com/pic/1269qjdUm/14420.jpg

no harm in him declaring himself ready for England though - not like he would get in the squad anymore though

Gerrard

lampard (dear o dear)

carrick

hargreaves

would all be named ahead of him no doubt imo

no harm in him declaring himself ready for England though - not like he would get in the squad anymore though

Gerrard

lampard (dear o dear)

carrick

hargreaves

would all be named ahead of him no doubt imo

What about the McClaren-Man Utd connection?

No way, good in his days but way past his best, and its not like we are short of midfielders. If we taking players based on past performance, Shearer would do a better job to be honest.

No way, good in his days but way past his best, and its not like we are short of midfielders. If we taking players based on past performance, Shearer would do a better job to be honest.

The same Shearer who was absolutely shocking for the past two years? somehow i think not.

The same Shearer who was absolutely shocking for the past two years? somehow i think not.

Scholes hasnt been pulling up tree's the past few years either really.

I dont think both should go, my point is if we are taking Scholes, based on previous performance for a position that England is not lacking in, then Shearer would do a  better job given Owen's injury and Rooney's suspension.

Dont see the point if he was to come out of England retirment, he wont ever get back in the squad.. shouldnt do, Nolan, Parker, even Bullard are before him now.

I cant see him re-capturing his old form, even if he did he would have to be untouchable by the above names, not really going to happen (bar Bullard)

Would be embarrasing, keep some pride, keep schtum.

Still played alot better than Shearer did by a fucking mile. Even Shola played better than Shearer.

Still played alot better than Shearer did by a fucking mile. Even Shola played better than Shearer.

The point was Scholes is past his best, ok Shearer was further past but they are both still past their best and not good enough.

The point was Scholes is past his best, ok Shearer was further past but they are both still past their best and not good enough.

Scholes is still good enough for England. Play him off the striker as a stop gap till Roonaldo returns.

In my opinion there are better players now.

To play that role while Rooney is suspended?

A striker wouldnt go amiss. Would rather gamble on Bent or Defoe..

Someone to link up play with the midfield like Rooney does though.

Scholes just doesnt do it for me, would rather play a standard 4-4-2 and have 2 forwards if we had to or play Carrick in a holding role and move Gerrard into the Rooney role.

Scholes just doesnt do it for me, would rather play a standard 4-4-2 and have 2 forwards if we had to or play Carrick in a holding role and move Gerrard into the Rooney role.

Gerrard in that role is just as wasted as playing him in a 4-4-2 with Lampard.

Scholes is past it.

Central midfield squad needs to be 2 from Hargreaves, Parker and Carrick.

Gerrard needs to play as a second striker or right winger if hes playing, Lampard needs to be dropped and only played if England switch to a 3 man midfield.

Why? He is a good passer, drives forward well, no question mark over his finishing and is still top of his game.

Why? He is a good passer, drives forward well, no question mark over his finishing and is still top of his game.

He's too advanced up the field for my likeing as was proved when he played there pre tourament.