Roy Hodgson named new Fulham manager

SUPERTOON

So they appoint a manager for getting an average International team into an above average position in their group, he does rubbish, so they sack him and replace him with a manager from an average International team who got to an average position in their group.

So they appoint a manager for getting an average International team into an above average position in their group, he does rubbish, so they sack him and replace him with a manager from an average International team who got to an average position in their group.

But Lawrie had managed in the lower leagues bags of experince & who the f*** was Chris Colemen anyway? I mean good player, who had no managerial experince just a bond with club & fans before he got the gig.

But one with plenty of club football success all over europe

Hasn't done too badly as an International manager with a couple of middle-of-the-road European nations but I'm not sure he has what it takes as a club manager, especially in the Premiership (and he's already relegated Blackburn in the past).  I think Fulham are doomed regardless.

Guest Knightrider

Roy Hodgson is a better manager imo. Good appointment for them.

Agreed, I quite rate him actually. Wouldn't have him here mind but he's a good coach and a good manager.

"Roy Hodgson (born 9 August 1947) is an English football manager who will become manager of Fulham on 30th December, an ambitious role considering how comprehensively they were battered by spurs on wednesday."

Got to love Wiki :lol:

:lol:

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Good manager.  Think they'll do ok.

Wrong club, wrong time.

I meant Hodgson and Fulham, not us and Big Sam.

:razz:

Good manager.  Think they'll do ok.

Wrong club, wrong time.

I meant Hodgson and Fulham, not us and Big Sam.

:razz:

...although tbf if he can get two or three good players in that he wants to work with they will survive. He'll need 3 years there to make his mark. [irony/]

Poor Fulham fans...they'll be bored to death to watch their team playing from now on! I've never seen a more defensive minded manager than Hodgson. I'm not saying he's not good but it's just the style he prefers.

Maybe it's good for Fulham as their keeper Niemi said a month ago or something that they should be playing way much more carefully and not just trying to attack all the way

I for one hope he does meet the chairman's 'wequirements' and keeps the club in the 'pwemiership'

His first task will of course be to get the team focused on improving their ranking within the premiership.

I for one hope he does meet the chairman's 'wequirements' and keeps the club in the 'pwemiership'

His first task will of course be to get the team focused on improving their ranking within the premiership.

:laugh:  :smug: