No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

oh no we are going to play CC next season. I can´t belive it and it´s all KK´s fault because he can´t bring in new players and our squed i problebly worse than Derby´s :weep:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Derby beat us away, and drew with us at home.

Getting relegated isn't a matter of being worse than Derby or Fulham, who I think are both doomed. It's about finishing below Boro, Sunderland, Bolton, Reading, Brum and Wigan. Given our current form and our fixture list, that's not nailed on.

But that lost was in another time. Now we got a new manager and everything that gives you. We alredy seen better preformence than before christmas and it will only get better.

yes beaten twice by arsenal and a point off lowly bolton without a shot on target in 270 mins  of football without a single goal  :clap: :idiot2: :pottytrain5:

Guest microbar

If ashley was serious about making us a top 4 club

We would have gone all out for a creative midfielder

And a striker as owen is not motivated enough to care

He should have been dropped from the england team.

I dont think we have any worries about relegation as there are far poorer teams than us.

But we need to start scarapping for evey point now.

But that lost was in another time. Now we got a new manager and everything that gives you. We alredy seen better preformence than before christmas and it will only get better.

yes beaten twice by arsenal and a point off lowly bolton without a shot on target in 270 mins  of football without a single goal  :clap: :idiot2: :pottytrain5:

ok...

Arsenal away is one of the hardest matches so you can judge so much from that. KK is new and against Bolton you could see that the players was tierd from the Stoke match and that we played like we haven´t done for years. then with a lot of players away you can´t expect that much.

The first match against Arsenal we played really well and with a little bit luck we could have had the lead, and Kegan had only been hear for one week!

In the secoend we looked tierd again and the players seemed to have forgott how keegan want to play.

But if you thing we won´t start winning then think so. I, on the other hand, think and belive we will have a good second half of the season.

I dont think we have any worries about relegation as there are far poorer teams than us.

But it was Keegans choice to not bring in any player

Guest toonlass

We have to beat Boro on sunday. Our team needs to get some belief in itself. Its not impossible that we could get relegated and we need things to change asap. Saying that, if results go a certain way tomorrow, Sunderland could be back in the bottom 3 again. There are other teams that are in a more desperate position, but we need to start picking up points.

You must of missed the Smith goal line clearence. You can make anything sound bad when you ignore/make things up.

"Don't be fooled by this transfer window - the funds are definitely there for us," Keegan said.

"That was my choice not to bring anyone in. We could have brought in four or five players and spent some money.

"But I didn't want to do that for the sake of it. In the summer we'll bring whatever we feel is needed for the next jump.

"That next jump is to be fighting for a European place. Mike Ashley will support me, no doubt about that. He loves this club and is excited and enthusiastic as I am."

Watch the full interview on Football Focus on BBC1 on Saturday 2 February

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7222879.stm

You must of missed the Smith goal line clearence. You can make anything sound bad when you ignore/make things up.

make things up you have to be fookin joking ,harsh reality is we were practically non existent as a attacking force leaving two goalkeepers practically in a coma for 270 mins or tell you what nitpick some more but to defend them is pathetic ,they are on huge salarys to do a job and to hardly trouble the keepers is not acceptable .worse teams than us will have more efforts than us if you look at the stats for teams below us ,heres a small selection of stats .

arse vs toon    1 save non conceded

arse vs birmingham 2 saves  1 conceded

arse vs boro  3 saves 2 conceded

arse vs wigan 1 save 0 conceded

arse vs reading  2 saves 1 conceded

arse vs mackams 4 saves  2 conceded

I do not pretend to me a stat expert but the cold facts are there to see as examples

and it boils my piss when people defend this .SO TELL ME WHERE AM I MAKING THIS UP ITS STRAIGHT OFF THE www.premierleague.com website

Rubbish.

Doesn't even rhyme.

Rubbish.

Doesn't even rhyme.

mackems.gif

New manager but same players.

Better performances but the same results.  Losing becomes a habit just like winning.

Just have to win on Sunday to boost morale seeing as we are likely to lose to Villa and Man Utd before we face Blackburn on 1st March.  That would be a winnable game but if we lose tomorrow and then the next 2 games, the players may be too demoralised for that one and then we will be in a serious mess.

I was just hoping that our strikers would manage to score a goal or two in recent games just to give them a bit of confidence.

Can´t belive people has count us out becasue we have lost agasint arsenal in two matches! It just unbelievable

The Villa game will be tough but very intresting. Villa will be favorites but I think we can get something about the game. The with the Man Utd match as it is at SJP.

Can´t belive people has count us out becasue we have lost agasint arsenal in two matches! It just unbelievable

The Villa game will be tough but very intresting. Villa will be favorites but I think we can get something about the game. The with the Man Utd match as it is at SJP.

you are very optimistic about those games but reality is different ,imho we will struggle till the end of the season unless the players believe in themselves and keegan turns them around .

If Villa play as they can, we will lose.

Talk about Black & White specs - this is REALLY grabbing at straws ; we never looked like competing with them apart from about 30 mins in the first half of the Cup game - completely outplayed in the League match,we looked like a Championship side at best.

Like it or not, we are slowly but surely being pulled into a relegation battle. The teams below us have been winning whilst we have been losing and sooner or later, we will be joining them in the battle.

My reasons:

Difficult remaining fixture list, especially away from home.

Lack of quality signings.

Low confidence

Lack of creativity

Lack of tactical nouse in management.

Now, this might sound like doom and gloom but if and it is a big I9F, we can beat Boro on sunday, then we might be able to do enough by winning our remaining home games to gain enough points to stay up. However, the likes of Reading, Fulham, Mackems wont be in any mood to do us favours.

Away fixtures against the likes of Pool, Villa, Portsmouth, Spurs, Everton, NUFC reserves and Brum dont exactly fill me full of confidence . Add to home fixtures against MU, Chelsea and Blackburn, can anyone honestly see us gaining more than 40 points?

Hope I am wrong......................LIKE

it's more likely we'll stay up than go down given how bad the other teams below us are

but the fact that some people can't contemplate the idea amuses me seeing how bad a team we actually are...

big game sunday, score early and hammer 'boro then i could see confidence flooding back to the team, lose or draw and i could see confidence drain away big time

it's more likely we'll stay up than go down given how bad the other teams below us are

but the fact that some people can't contemplate the idea amuses me seeing how bad a team we actually are...

big game sunday, score early and hammer 'boro then i could see confidence flooding back to the team, lose or draw and i could see confidence drain away big time

Three points made.  Every one pretty well spot on imho.

Today's game could very well be our season, it's absolutely huge IMO, win and I think some of the self belief will come back that'll see us pull away from any danger, fail to pick up the 3 points and we will be in for one hell of a fight to retain our top flight status.