Ultras on holiday?

Rocker

I think Jack has a point. The atmosphere wasn't class for those CL matches, iirc. Nowt compared to the Anfield atmos of similar games.

indeed look at the KOP for big games the atmosphere is amazing and the whole stand....stands :doh: The leazes lower or Gallowgate should be our Kop but most sit on there hands even in HUGE games so no one try and tell me otherwise because i can remember, At the end of the day SJP relies on a bunch of young'uns (fair play to them) to stand and create an atmosphere unfortunately due to there location they won't really make in impact in fact give me a load of them in the gallowgate over the tossers who sit there now any day of the week.

The gallowgate is awful in fact the whole ground is awful. We can't even get anyone standing for big games apart from the''ultras'' Look at Man United v Arsenal and there was at least 30'000 standing

It's easier to support the two best teams in England though, especially when they're playing each other and one is winning 4-0.

Like others have said, it's a two-way street. It can't be all one or the other.

if we were the best team in england we would still have a tench atmosphere and only about 1000 stander, it begs the question how many fans who go onow actually care about an atmosphere. It doesn't seem to be a priority anymore, I am sick of people telling me that a good team breeds an atmosphere. Just look at when SBR got us into the champions league. the atmosphere during most of them home games was dire for what it should be. The only game worth a mention was Juve at home. We have too many people who just don't give too fucks about atmosphere. Whether that is down to the new breed/corporate/oversea fans or maybe it is to do with no standing

That's bollocks. If we had the best team in England the atmosphere would be electric.

so why when we were top 4 under SBR the atmosphere was tench and we had no standers on MASSIVE european nights?

I'm not saying the atmosphere has been as good as it could be all the time, but (I take it 'tench' means 'shit' or similar) there's no way the atmosphere would be poor. Which I think is what you were suggesting. I think it would be as good as anywhere. As for the European nights, the attendances and atmosphere could have been better at times. I think there's several factors why it wasn't. I'll go into them if you want but that's a different thing to what you were saying, i.e. the bit I took issue with.

It's funny how we're only just hearing that standing = good atmosphere now that someone has started a bandwagon off somewhere. Haven't heard it used in an Ultras argument previously.

As for relying on the Ultras for an atmosphere, that certainly wasn't the case at the best atmosphere I've seen in St. James' in recent years - the 1-0 win over Chelsea when Carr got sent off and Bramble scored the goal.

The whole place was jumping and we carried the team to the final whistle in that match and it had everything to do with circumstance and nowt to do with standing. That's what I think me and Alex are getting at.

Nobody can have 100% support 100% of the time, it's just so plastic man, it's not a realistic aim and it's not natural human instinct.

I get annoyed with the atmosphere as well, as I'm sure most of us do, but if Keegan gets the team playing again and we start having a proper go at everyone who comes up here, then we'll be much better off for it inside the ground.

There's certainly a lot more to it than standing.

It's funny how we're only just hearing that standing = good atmosphere now that someone has started a bandwagon off somewhere. Haven't heard it used in an Ultras argument previously.

As for relying on the Ultras for an atmosphere, that certainly wasn't the case at the best atmosphere I've seen in St. James' in recent years - the 1-0 win over Chelsea when Carr got sent off and Bramble scored the goal.

The whole place was jumping and we carried the team to the final whistle in that match and it had everything to do with circumstance and nowt to do with standing. That's what I think me and Alex are getting at.

Nobody can have 100% support 100% of the time, it's just so plastic man, it's not a realistic aim and it's not natural human instinct.

I get annoyed with the atmosphere as well, as I'm sure most of us do, but if Keegan gets the team playing again and we start having a proper go at everyone who comes up here, then we'll be much better off for it inside the ground.

i have never seen a better atmosphere in an all seated SJP than a standing SJP, So to me that would suggest standing means a hell of alot to an atmosphere. Also no one rely's on the ultras for an atmosphere most just take the piss out of them which yet again proves my point about  how less people care about atmosphere. As for one game when the ground was buzzing woopdyfuckingdoo. and for anyone wondering i sit in the gallowgate upper and aint a toon ultra but the stick they get off some people is embarrassing.

Fair doos Alex. You just have to look at messageboards to prove the point how less people care about atmosphere these days though which is quite sad

:thup: The atmosphere does leave a lot to be desired at times. Chicken and egg though, isn't it? We need something to feed off. It'll never go back to how it was though but if you look back to KK first time round it was excellent (even when the ground had gone to all-seater).

i have never seen a better atmosphere in an all seated SJP than a standing SJP, So to me that would suggest standing means a hell of alot to an atmosphere. Also no one rely's on the ultras for an atmosphere most just take the piss out of them which yet again proves my point about  how less people care about atmosphere. As for one game when the ground was buzzing woopdyfuckingdoo. and for anyone wondering i sit in the gallowgate upper and aint a toon ultra but the stick they get off some people is embarrassing.

Cheers for backing us mate. Can I really ask why we get so much stick too? What difference is there between us and the Leazes/Gallowgate ends of the past, or other singing sections. We are just doing what half of you used to do, but we have to be an organisation now to do it, due to the lack of singing sections. People should fuck off home if they don't like an atmosphere or want to ridicule those that do want one. But that's only my opinion, no offence anyone.

Cheers for backing us mate. Can I really ask why we get so much stick too? What difference is there between us and the Leazes/Gallowgate ends of the past, or other singing sections. We are just doing what half of you used to do, but we have to be an organisation now to do it, due to the lack of singing sections. People should fuck off home if they don't like an atmosphere or want to ridicule those that do want one. But that's only my opinion, no offence anyone.

How many people on here ridicule you lot, bar Crumpy?

Not many at all, so wind your neck in.

Cheers for backing us mate. Can I really ask why we get so much stick too? What difference is there between us and the Leazes/Gallowgate ends of the past, or other singing sections. We are just doing what half of you used to do, but we have to be an organisation now to do it, due to the lack of singing sections. People should f*** off home if they don't like an atmosphere or want to ridicule those that do want one. But that's only my opinion, no offence anyone.

The only stick you'll get from me is when some of the Ultras come on here and hoy the toys out of the pram when somebody blatantly takes the piss.

You sort of answered your question 3 sentences later.

Try to avoid telling your fellow Newcastle fans to 'fuck off' and you might just win a few more friends. Just an idea like...

Guest toonlass

What pees me off is that people will come on here and whinge about the atmosphere or, as the first poster, ask where the Ultras are if there is no-one singing and yet they say nowt to the people around them at the match. I suppose I am lucky cos most of the people around me do stand and sing(up in Level 7) but its rare to hear anything at all from the rest of the ground. The Gallowgate occassionally makes some noise, the lower leazes sections seem to be asleep most of the time(and I include last season when I stood/sat there before moving up to Level 7 purely because most of the noise seemed to be there). The East stand only bother when they are whinging at the ref/opposition player/own player* and the Milburn might as well not be there.

You see fans of other teams singing and chanting, dare I say it but even the mackems seem louder than us at their ground in general from what I have seen on TV. Our atmospeher is pish at the moment and has been all season. I think Heza is completely right in what he said, its about time other sections of the ground tried harder.

Guest Micktoon

The problems with the supporters in the Milburn. When I come over I usually get Milburn tickets, Bar 1892 ( if i'm travelling from Denmark I want a canny view). I usually get there early, get my pint and sit, wait and observe whilst the others arrive. Now when i was grass high to a knee hopper there was a buzz when folk got to the ground, now though most the peeps arriving in the Milburn bars look like a crowd of folk coming to there local clurb. The most important thing for them is their half time drink and getting away sharp so as to avoid the crowds, also the amount who have no idea about who even plays for the team comments such as " mind our right backs shit" for example.

Cheers for backing us mate. Can I really ask why we get so much stick too? What difference is there between us and the Leazes/Gallowgate ends of the past, or other singing sections. We are just doing what half of you used to do, but we have to be an organisation now to do it, due to the lack of singing sections. People should f*** off home if they don't like an atmosphere or want to ridicule those that do want one. But that's only my opinion, no offence anyone.

How many people on here ridicule you lot, bar Crumpy?

Not many at all, so wind your neck in.

I didn't claim people of the forum, I meant people from within our support in general. Like blokes aroudn the town who don't post on here and just take the piss out of us at games. Noit once did I say it was people on this forum. So no, I won't wind my neck in.

You sort of answered your question 3 sentences later.

Try to avoid telling your fellow Newcastle spectators to 'f*** off' and you might just win a few more friends. Just an idea like...

Tidied.

Anyhoo, it was an indirect comment aimed at people in general not the members of this forum. Besides, why would I be bothered about offending people who offend me? If people ridicule lads who want to "bring back the noise" they obviously don't care too much about the atmosphere, so why would I need/want them on my side if they aren't going to help?

I agree with everything said here like the atmosphere is shocking! cant belive how much its changed. hopefully keegen will get us back to winning entertaining football and things should start to change.  But everytime ive been there this season its been PATHETIC to be honest fukin embarrasing like.

Ultras need to move to the Gallowgate or the Corner if they want to succeed. Fact.

That is correct imo.

SJP is just too big for two small portions of the ground (at either sides, I might add) for us to get a good atmosphere.

I'd love to see the ultras move to the gallowgate end, or reasonably close to the corner.

I'm sick of being embarrassed at St James like, I know away fans are generally going to be a bit more outgoing and loud, but it makes me wonder who fucking goes to watch Newcastle these days.

I must admit, sometimes, I wonder why people go at all, with the shite we've been served up these last four years.

Ultras need to move to the Gallowgate or the Corner if they want to succeed. Fact.

It all sounds good in theory but the reality is that there aren't many seats in the Corner that aren't already allocated to season ticket holders. Would love more singers sitting down where I am but I doubt people who are already there and unwilling to contribute to the atmosphere will fancy moving elsewhere.

Guest Erich von Manstein

As if the miserable fucking bastards who sit in there will have any of that.

Miserable in the corner? Hardly.

Some parts of the gallowgate are decent too. Hardly miserable. Miserable should be reserved for the entire Milburn and east stands.

as midds says below, there you again see

Try to avoid telling your fellow Newcastle fans to 'fuck off' and you might just win a few more friends. Just an idea like...

Guest toonlass

Can I just ask the supporters who have been going for years. Why is it that people ridicule the Ultras when they are just trying to have what we used to have in St James Park? I can't really pinpoint when the atmosphere went, but the ground is full now of people who are too happy to sit on their hands, who hardly make a sound throughout the game. I cannot understand why the Ultras are ridiculed. Maybe the older fans who cannot be bothered to make a bit of a noise, to sing, chant and get behind the team vocally need to have a damn good look at themselves and ask why they are really going to the games.

Can I just ask the supporters who have been going for years. Why is it that people ridicule the Ultras when they are just trying to have what we used to have in St James Park? I can't really pinpoint when the atmosphere went, but the ground is full now of people who are too happy to sit on their hands, who hardly make a sound throughout the game. I cannot understand why the Ultras are ridiculed. Maybe the older fans who cannot be bothered to make a bit of a noise, to sing, chant and get behind the team vocally need to have a damn good look at themselves and ask why they are really going to the games.

Who's ridiculing them? On here, or elsewhere?