Toothache

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

:wullie:

Kept me up until 7.30 this morning the bastard and now it's back again. Do you know what I did last night to ease the pain? Scranned all the ice I could scrape from the freezer in a vain attempt to numb my tooth. Drank copious ammounts of water in a vain attempt to get rid of the burning pain and ended up nearly choking on a frozen chip I had lodged into my mouth to again, try and numb the tooth. That on top of a tub of tablets (well about 4 paracetamol). I'm shattered and was hopiong to just hit the sack and be knocked out until tomorrow morning but it looks like I'll be in for another rough night. Thankfully the clove oil I got today which has been pretty good I have to say, will be better than the contents of my freezer.

Wish me luck.

Dentists the morra as well...

:thdn:

:wullie:

Kept me up until 7.30 this morning the bastard and now it's back again. Do you know what I did last night to ease the pain? Scranned all the ice I could scrape from the freezer in a vain attempt to numb my tooth. Drank copious ammounts of water in a vain attempt to get rid of the burning pain and ended up nearly choking on a frozen chip I had lodged into my mouth to again, try and numb the tooth. That on top of a tub of tablets (well about 4 paracetamol). I'm shattered and was hopiong to just hit the sack and be knocked out until tomorrow morning but it looks like I'll be in for another rough night. Thankfully the clove oil I got today which has been pretty good I have to say, will be better than the contents of my freezer.

Wish me luck.

Dentists the morra as well...

:thdn:

Never fear the doc is here. Gargle with dissolvable aspirin, ensure that it hits the local area. I also recommend whiskey which can also be gargled.

If it makes you feel any better 2months ago i had a really bad gum infection due to part of my wisdom tooth breaking through.

I didn't sleep for over 5 days as i didn't have a dentist, the emergancy dentist in Newcastle (which cost me £25 in taxi fares) turned me away as it wasn't swollen enough, finally i got seen to up in Gosforth which perscribed me antibiotics plus a mouthwash that strips your teeth!

Took about another 5 days after that for any effect, i was in agony, i just wanted to kill myself, nothing i did (including taking a box after box of coidene given by the docters, copious amounts of ibrofuen, paracetemol, bongela, ice packs, anesthetic) worked and i lost roughly about a stone in weight due to not being able to eat.

My appetite is still knackered now, its the worst thing in the world, i feel for you.

I remember waking up a 6am (i'd woke up every 10mins all night) going to the bathroom and literally breaking down, i was a shattered man.

I just wanted someone to rip my teeth out, or better still shoot me.  :thdn:

If it makes you feel any better 2months ago i had a really bad gum infection due to part of my wisdom tooth breaking through.

I had that happen this month. Had to have it pulled. First time I've ever had to have anything done to my teeth.

I had that happen this month. Had to have it pulled. First time I've ever had to have anything done to my teeth.

I had mine pulled quite recently, suprisingly the most painless "operation" I think I will ever have to go through!

I had mine pulled quite recently, suprisingly the most painless "operation" I think I will ever have to go through!

You've had your what pulled?

You've had your what pulled?

At this point I will go with teeth.

Guest Knightrider

I'll have you know my teeth are cleaner than a nun's fanny. It's those Snickers and Lion Bars, and Dorito crisps that could flay a rabbit that fuck my teeth.

Can someone give me an honest assessment of the pain to be expected following wisdom tooth removal.  Please take into consideration that my dentist went "Oooooo, that's going to take some digging out" when he saw it  bluedead.gif

Agree about the pain from toothache.  It made me want to bang my head off the nearest wall.

Can someone give me an honest assessment of the pain to be expected following wisdom tooth removal.  Please take into consideration that my dentist went "Oooooo, that's going to take some digging out" when he saw it  bluedead.gif

Agree about the pain from toothache.  It made me want to bang my head off the nearest wall.

Honestly I didnt even know they had taken it out when they did it, slight discomfort when they are knocking it about but its not painful just if someone kept jabbing you in the numb face for a few minutes it wouldnt be comfortable  bluebiggrin.gif

Afterwards didnt really hurt, i just took pain killers whenever it felt like it would start to.

They say the injections hurt more than the operation but that was only a couple of little scratches in your mouth and if you cant handle that god help you anyway

Can someone give me an honest assessment of the pain to be expected following wisdom tooth removal. Please take into consideration that my dentist went "Oooooo, that's going to take some digging out" when he saw it bluedead.gif

Agree about the pain from toothache. It made me want to bang my head off the nearest wall.

Mine were all badly impacted so had all 4 out under general anaesthetic in a one-er - big jessy that I am... :lol:

Depends how bad it is, tbh. If it's only half-erupted or whatever, they need to crack your entire jaw open.

I had "hamster cheeks" for a week afterwards - the swelling in the jaw was severe - and you'll have to tolerate liquids only diet for a couple of days (which includes ice-cream ;) )

Only remember having it really bad once, and Jesus, it was bad. Had to get up at 5am cos I couldn't sleep and drive to Asda for Nurofen.

I hate dental operations more than just about anything in the world, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a relief when they ripped the fucker out.

Honestly I didnt even know they had taken it out when they did it, slight discomfort when they are knocking it about but its not painful just if someone kept jabbing you in the numb face for a few minutes it wouldnt be comfortable bluebiggrin.gif

Afterwards didnt really hurt, i just took pain killers whenever it felt like it would start to.

They say the injections hurt more than the operation but that was only a couple of little scratches in your mouth and if you cant handle that god help you anyway

we've had this discussion before - if they use the latest gear then it comes out easy enough (I had an impacted one theey just pushed out sideways).  Its uncomfortable mainly because you've had two peoples fists in yer gob for half an hour but I went back to work - groggy but functional and no pain at all

• 10 months later...

I think I've got a fricking gum infection now, i had a sore tooth for a bit and then it dies down a bit so i take a drink of water and some of the teeth on my left side start going mental and hurting like f***.. only when i drink something really cold mind.

I think I've got a fricking gum infection now, i had a sore tooth for a bit and then it dies down a bit so i take a drink of water and some of the teeth on my left side start going mental and hurting like f***.. only when i drink something really cold mind.

I've got a gum infection at the moment as well. Booked in to the dentist next week (first time in six years, I fucking HATE it).

Not got any pain from it, but bleeding when brushing teeth, and horrible taste in my mouth (which is, in a different way, almost as bad as actual pain).

I've also got an impacted wisdom tooth (coming out of the side of the gum) which will have to come out. Odd thing is, I am in my late 30s and it has only actually appeared the last couple of years.

• 1 month later...