Bentley - On the Move In The Summer?

NG32

Typical Liverpool signing tbh

Not the player they need to win the league, but the kind of player they keep on buying to stay above the likes of Everton, Spurs, Villa and us..like Bellamy, Benayoun, Finnan, Kuyt, Crouch, Pennant etc..

Guest toonlass

For all those kneejerkers who were wanking last week over Jimmy Bullard, this is what a great signing would be.

I'd be ecstatic if he joined us, totally over the moon.........but I can only see him joining one of the top 4 teams. I'd pay £15m to have him here, hes such an exciting prospect and a quality player, ticks all the boxes. We'd have to show sincere ambition in the summer to get him here, plus Blackburn are higher than us so he may see us as a sideways step, who knows, only he does.

the thing is, bleat on all you want about yurop david, but when it comes down to it we know what you're after

£££££

can get more here than anywhere else tbh

I'd be ecstatic if he joined us, totally over the moon.........but I can only see him joining one of the top 4 teams. I'd pay £15m to have him here, hes such an exciting prospect and a quality player, ticks all the boxes. We'd have to show sincere ambition in the summer to get him here, plus Blackburn are higher than us so he may see us as a sideways step, who knows, only he does.

The KK bandwagon is about to start rolling. Woodgate missed out and paid for his rash decision on Sunday when he was taken apart. If we look like a team on the up again players like Bentley will be tripping over their feet to get here imo.

I have massive faith in KK to attract players here, but where do people get the confidence from that he would sign for us? I would say anyone would usually move from Blackburn to us, but he is stating he wants european football. KK would have to do a lot of persuading to assure him he'll be playing european football by 09/10.

The KK bandwagon is about to start rolling. Woodgate missed out and paid for his rash decision on Sunday when he was taken apart. If we look like a team on the up again players like Bentley will be tripping over their feet to get here imo.

You tell'em Big TRon!

If ew have a decent finish to the season, playing decent footy i think KK could use his powers on potential players.

I have massive faith in KK to attract players here, but where do people get the confidence from that he would sign for us? I would say anyone would usually move from Blackburn to us, but he is stating he wants european football. KK would have to do a lot of persuading to assure him he'll be playing european football by 09/10.

I think Bentley is using the European thing as a get out of jail card from Blackburn. To describe it as a sideways step to come here is ludicrous....have you ever been to Blackburn? This is a massive club about to take off I think, and some of the southern journalists know it as well. If Ashley provides the funds, I think we'll be in for Bentley and plenty of players will buy into Keegan's vision.

One big signing like Bentley would be a real statement of intent and open the door for further ambitious signings whilst convincing the likes of Owen that their future lies with us.

Absolutely. It would also be an excellent addition to the team.

Guest LucaAltieri

Meh, would still prefer we threw some cash at trying to get Theo Walcott, even if it is a long shot.

I think Bentley is using the European thing as a get out of jail card from Blackburn. To describe it as a sideways step to come here is ludicrous....have you ever been to Blackburn? This is a massive club about to take off I think, and some of the southern journalists know it as well. If Ashley provides the funds, I think we'll be in for Bentley and plenty of players will buy into Keegan's vision.

Well i'd love to think we could get Bentley, but i do think Liverpool might come in for him. I am not for one minute saying Blackburn have anywhere near the amount of potential as this club. I've been down to their ground a few times and their fans are even worse than their stadium. He's got no reason to stay there if he has any ambition, but i just think he might have a european option available if he was to leave.

Midfield for next season:

Bentley  Carrick  Van der Vaart  N'Zogbia

Shit hot that like. 

Why, where is it N'Zogbia is going like?  ;D

Unless Liverpool win the Champions League then this summer is going to bring about big changes at either boardroom or managerial level or both. And when that happens it makes it very unlikely that they will be able to make major signings.

Midfield for next season:

Bentley  Carrick   Van der Vaart   N'Zogbia

Shit hot that like. 

April Fools is past and gone, you're the fool and I am none.

Guest toonlass

We'll just have to settle for SWP then. Bugger.

Lennon.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one!