Kevin Doyle - SJP Wall Of Noise

NG32

Guest Hoop Blah

He has certainly sturuggled this season, whether he is carrying a knock I don't know, but something is clearly affecting his form.

Don't think he was remarkable last season, he scored goals yes but didn't think he had it in him to carry on doing that and this is evident.

From my point of view I don't believe he would be good enough for NUFC and that is my point, no disrespect but just making the point that players of the calibre of Doyle are not going to help take us to that next level.

I totally undestand where your coming from, although I'd have said that a few players like Doyle - honest pro's who go out to give 100% for the cause week-in week-out - are exactly what Newcastle need.  Doyle will never score the number of goals that someone like Owen will but I do thnk he'd prove a good foil for a top forward, or a excellent squad player for a top 8 team. 

Don't forget he's still pretty young and has only been over here for a few seasons.  Although he's not exceptional in any part of his game he's solid at everything and I think his performances for Eire, where he's not been over shaddowed by Robbie Keane, show he can cut it alongside the bigger names.

I'm more than happy for him to be overlooked and to stick around at Reading though!!!!