Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'll be really fucking gutted if Johnson goes to City. He'll never be a world-beater obviously but it's such a fucking waste.

Wright-Phillips is the most obvious comparison. He could have been massive for England.

For that price they could have had people like Shawcross or Cahill, that to me are having very good seasons already at top level and are young. SAF really must think he's the next Rio Ferdinand or something.

Smacks to me of Sir Whisky Nose wanting to get one over on Wenger after missing out on Ramsey.

I'll be really f***ing gutted if Johnson goes to City. He'll never be a world-beater obviously but it's such a f***ing waste.

Wright-Phillips is the most obvious comparison. He could have been massive for England.

I don't think SWP ever really wanted it badly enough. He went to Chelsea and had his chances, he just never really impressed as he should have.

Guest kingdawson

I just went to the Málaga CF site, and apparently they lost out on Quincy because "Portsmouth was offering more money"   :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if that was true.

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if Pompey were paying us to sign Kaboul and Begovic. Such a poorly run club.

Guest kingdawson

What's the deal with Smalling, why's he worth so much?

Ain't he only played like 2 matches for Fulham?  Maidstone before that, wtf..

He looked good against Chelsea and decent against us. £10 mill plus is a total joke though.

"Sport" reporting that Barça has a preferential option over Cesc if Arsenal sells him to a Spanish club, apparently part of settlement for when they snapped him up from our youth setup. Never heard about it before (and they aren't the most reliable rag).

They also report that club and player already have a secret agreement. That would be illegal, but is most probably also not true (since on the same article they say "of course they will deny it if asked" several times  :laugh:)

Toon target signs for Burnley

Shields Gazette - ‎17 minutes ago‎

LONG-time Newcastle United transfer target Leon Cort has completed a move to Premier League side Burnley. The defender was frustrated at his lack of

"Sport" reporting that Barça has a preferential option over Cesc if Arsenal sells him to a Spanish club, apparently part of settlement for when they snapped him up from our youth setup. Never heard about it before (and they aren't the most reliable rag).

They also report that club and player already have a secret agreement. That would be illegal, but is most probably also not true (since on the same article they say "of course they will deny it if asked" several times  :laugh:)

Wasn't Fabregas part-payment for Overmars? If so, surely a first option stipulation wouldn't exist?

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

SSN saying Hull have put thier entire squad up for sale, due to debt. is there anyone we can poach?

Hull have massive debt and a top 6-7 wage bill almost 80% of their turnover. Another promoted club who thought they were massive and spent beyond their means.

Fucking hell, does make you wonder what would have happened to us had Hall & Shepherd not sold up.

And before being labelled "pro Ashley", I mean financially not performance wise. We might not have went down last season, but the when you see the way a few Premier League clubs are going, I doubt we'd have been much further behind.