Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Bundesliga signed a big new TV deal. Expect German teams to become more competitive in Europe.

BERLIN - The German Football League has secured an increase in income of more than 50 per cent from Sky for television rights to the Bundesliga for another four years.

The deal announced on Tuesday starts with the 2013-14 season and runs through to 2016-17. It leaves the main players unchanged, with ARD public television keeping rights to broadcast highlights of Bundesliga matches.

The league, or DFL, said it will bring in about C2.5 billion ($3.3 billion) in total. That amounts to about C628 million per year on average, compared with C412 million per year at the moment.

Sky Deutschland -- which added live broadband Internet television and mobile rights to the live pay TV broadcasting package for the top two divisions it already held -- said it will pay an average C485.7 million per year.

Shares in the company, in which News Corp. holds a 49.9 per cent stake, were 12.7 per cent higher at C2.26 after the announcement.

League chief executive Christian Seifert said the agreement means that "the clubs have more economic room for manoeuvr than ever before."

Bayern Munich, Germany's most consistently successful club, also welcomed it.

The increase in income is "a milestone in the history of the Bundesliga," Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.

He described it as "the result of the league's very positive development in recent years" and said it would help make German clubs more competitive in European competition.

Dont know if this has already been posted but Villa talk had a thread called 'Lets all laugh at Newcastle', they've now renamed it 'Lets all admire Newcastle' how times change eh?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=53355&postdays=0&postorder=asc

To be fair to Villa any time I've looked at their forum recently the vast majority has been nothing but complimentary towards us. 

We made it easy for them to act like arseholes that day.  We got relegated, they took the piss.  The way I see it we got them back when we embarrassed them 6-0 and that was the end of it.

Dont know if this has already been posted but Villa talk had a thread called 'Lets all laugh at Newcastle', they've now renamed it 'Lets all admire Newcastle' how times change eh?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=53355&postdays=0&postorder=asc

To be fair to Villa any time I've looked at their forum recently the vast majority has been nothing but complimentary towards us. 

We made it easy for them to act like arseholes that day.  We got relegated, they took the piss.  The way I see it we got them back when we embarrassed them 6-0 and that was the end of it.

If you were there, or know someone who was on that day, you wouldn't forgive and forget.

Bundesliga signed a big new TV deal. Expect German teams to become more competitive in Europe.

BERLIN - The German Football League has secured an increase in income of more than 50 per cent from Sky for television rights to the Bundesliga for another four years.

The deal announced on Tuesday starts with the 2013-14 season and runs through to 2016-17. It leaves the main players unchanged, with ARD public television keeping rights to broadcast highlights of Bundesliga matches.

The league, or DFL, said it will bring in about C2.5 billion ($3.3 billion) in total. That amounts to about C628 million per year on average, compared with C412 million per year at the moment.

Sky Deutschland -- which added live broadband Internet television and mobile rights to the live pay TV broadcasting package for the top two divisions it already held -- said it will pay an average C485.7 million per year.

Shares in the company, in which News Corp. holds a 49.9 per cent stake, were 12.7 per cent higher at C2.26 after the announcement.

League chief executive Christian Seifert said the agreement means that "the clubs have more economic room for manoeuvr than ever before."

Bayern Munich, Germany's most consistently successful club, also welcomed it.

The increase in income is "a milestone in the history of the Bundesliga," Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.

He described it as "the result of the league's very positive development in recent years" and said it would help make German clubs more competitive in European competition.

Does that mean Sky (UK) will be showing the Bundesliga next year or is it staying with ESPN?...

If you were there, or know someone who was on that day, you wouldn't forgive and forget.

You sound like a scouser :lol:

how many days will there be between them getting 4th and some geordie on the tv/radio claiming they are a bigger club than liverpool/us/everton/spurs/chelsea etc

:lol:

Nice read all in all though.

"Meh, I still don't like them. Sending them down was a brilliant day. "

That's why they'll always be a group cunts.

Tbh we sent ourselves down, they can't take any credit for it, much as they'd like to. We even scored their goal for them as they were too crap to do it themselves. Without the o.g. we would have stayed up, innit? Meh, very small time of whoever said that, it gives a bad impression of Villa fans in general, just hope it's 6-0s from here to hilarity.

More good memories on a popular video site.

Laurent Robert Compilation by Sgrey

The volley vs Spurs man. And he scored a maybe even better one in the same match :lol:

The only player I ever had on the back of my shirt

More good memories on a popular video site.

Laurent Robert Compilation by Sgrey

The volley vs Spurs man. And he scored a maybe even better one in the same match :lol:

The only player I ever had on the back of my shirt

Man, he was good. That overhead backheel against Fulham was something else. People used to rave about Ginola, but if you wanted a left-footed temperamental Gallic flair player I'd take Laurent every time - more goals, more assists, even more temperament. I see his li'l bro' is playing for Donny at the moment. Hope it works out for them all. :aww:

How is it distributed? Hope it's not spanish style

Supposedly its distrubuted across the top 2 leagues and theres rules in place that prevent stuff like what happens in La Liga in Germany......

Anyway this is fantastics new to me, i greatly enjoy Bundesliga and its fantastically run league and as competitive as any in europe but what it lacks is the exposure and money of the other top leagues.

This tv deal solves the money side to an extent and hopefully they can market it better in the future.

One of the reasons PL is so successful and loved through out the world is because of how well its marketed, hopefully Bundesliga can marketed in similar fashion in the future.

Also yh considering this is a Sky tv deal would this mean that Skysports would show it in this country?

Looks like I'm going to two of Birmingham, Blackpool, and Cardiff for the two playoff semi-final matches I'm going to watch in between Chelsea(A) and Man City(H). Hoping Cardiff go 4th. Would've made transit less difficult if Boro made it to the playoffs but doesn't look terribly likely.

Arsenal v. Norwich sold out before going to general sale so I'm looking at watching one of the final round matches for League 1/2 on that day instead. May have the opportunity to see Sheffield Wednesday seal promotion at home, or watch Notts County/Stevenage get a playoff spot.