Your review of the noughties

Decky

Best Moment

Worst Moment

Best Song

Best Movie

If you could go back, what would you change?

Happy or Sad to see it go?

Pick and chose from the above, add your own, whatever suits you.

Best Moment:

Has to be Alan Shearer's testimonial. For a shit load of reasons outside of the game, it was my first time at a Newcastle game, it was my 18th birthday etc.

Worst Moment:

Unfortunately a death in the family. The only one in not only the decade but my life, which made it more tough.

Best Song

For me personally, which will prob get slated on here, but Killers - Mr Brightside. The remixes and actual song never get old for me and have fond memories attached to then.

Best Movie

Fellowship of the Ring

I would do a different degree, my masters will cancel all of that regret out, but still 4 years and a lot of money went to my Undergrad.

Happy

Best: Getting married.  Finishing school.  Traveling. 

Worst: The nutters flying planes into buildings and the full decade of war that followed.  Closely followed by the recession.  And relegation.

Song: There Goes The Fear by Doves

Movie: Tough one.  Inglorious Basterds, There Will Be Blood....lots of others.  Good decade for film. 

If you could go back: I'd have spent a lot more time and effort trying to get a decent job when the economy was in better shape.

Happy to see it go.

Best Moment

My LA trip in April 2008.

Worst Moment

My Grandpa passing and being around my mother the following days. Heartwretching.

Best Song

Woke Up This Morning - Alabama 3

Best Movie

Close tie between the following, not necessarily because of their cinematic beauty or storytelling, but for many many reasons: Donnie Darko, Big Nothing, The Prestige, The Dark Knight and Death to Smoochy. The one being ahead of the pack is blatantly No Country for Old Men, though.

Nothing I want to go into on here. But there's one major thing I'd like to get a chance of redoing, aye.

Happy, as it will bring me into what I hope will be a very good decade. Which won't necessarily be a hard thing, seeing how I've only really lived through two. (Albeit I do have 17 days of a third one in there, I'm not gonna count those :lol:)

Best Moment:

Last ever day at school.

Worst Moment:

Hearing my Nan had only a month left to live. Totally unexpected as well.

Best Song

The National Anthem - Radiohead

Best Movie

Amelie

Spend more time with my Grandparents. Both gone now. :( Would have got my arse into gear and got off to Uni as well probably.

Happy

Best Moment

Worst Moment

My Grandpa passing and being around my mother the following days. Heartwretching.

Best Song

Best Movie

Close tie between the following, not necessarily because of their cinematic beauty or storytelling, but for many many reasons: Donnie Darko, Big Nothing, The Prestige, The Dark Knight and Death to Smoochy. The one being ahead of the pack is blatantly No Country for Old Men, though.

Nothing I want to go into on here. But there's one major thing I'd like to get a chance of redoing, aye.

Happy, as it will bring me into what I hope will be a very good decade. Which won't necessarily be a hard thing, seeing how I've only really lived through two. (Albeit I do have 17 days of a third one in there, I'm not gonna count those :lol:)

Christ, I can't believe you're allowed to make films.

Best Moment:

Just various Glastonbury things really, that's where I'm happiest.

Worst Moment:

A week in which 2 grandparents died, it was horrible.

Best Song

The Rat, by The Walkmen.

Best Movie

So tricky. Loved City of God, Memento, OldBoy, Donnie Darko, Requiem for a Dream, Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone, Zodiac, etc.

At a push, maybe Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind though.

Would have 100% took a year out after 6th form rather than going to Leeds Uni and fucking up big-style. I was getting into drugs in a big way at the time and it wasn't a good idea to go there, set me back by years.

Happy tbh, been skint for so long that it's got to be uphill from here.

Best Moment

Worst Moment

Best Song

Best Movie

Christ, I can't believe you're allowed to make films.

I'm too tired to think of a good comeback, so you can have that one. O0

Best Moment: One particular one with my girlfriend, a Summer night in 2008 and we were just sitting together in her garden having some ciders and some class banter as the sun went down, for those couple of hours the world just seemed in total harmony and i doubt i'll have many better moments in my life.

Worst Moment: Receiving my A Levels, crap day but i guess it worked out ok though.

Best Song: I'm pretty sure this song was around before 2000 but i discovered it this decade, so meh. Ice Cube - It was a Good Day.

To keep with the theme though, my favortie song created this decade is Mr. Brightside.

Best Movie: A tough one but i'd have to say The Prestige, one film that i've watched where i've been absolutely blown away. I'd also     

say the Pursuit of Happiness was class not so much the literal film, just the meaning behind it etc.

If you could go back, what would you change: 2 major f*** ups on my behalf. Probably say the biggest is not doing enough work and consequently not getting into my preferred option for University. I like my Uni course atm but i still regret not getting into my first choice, i won't make the same mistake (of not working hard enough) again.

Happy or sad to see it go: I'm optimistic of what will be round the corner but there are some brilliant memories i have, that i will be really sad to see go.

Was going to start this on Monday - but would have refused to call it the noughties.

Ignoring the obvious death/marriage malarky, to sum up the 2000's

Best moment

The perfect week of 7 nights with 7 different women in Greece (OK some were pre season friendly standard, but a couple were decent also!) (serious answer = my wedding day)

Worst moment

The end of that week! Seriously though, probably experiencing how much love can hurt when it goes wrong

Best Song

(told you I'm not going for the obvious) Five Keep on Moving - was played non stop when I started Uni and even though its shite it is asociated with numerous belting memories. Music to me is something to tag onto memories, can't think of a stand out rack on its own but pretty much any song from 1999 - 2003 would have some attachment to me

Best Film

Dunno, nothing sticks out as being vastly superior to any other film I've seen

What would I change?

Nothing, even the bad decisions have turned out alright in the end. I'd only regret not doing something rather than doing something which turns out bad. Actualy, come to think of it not abusing Louise Redknapps number when I had it. Defintiely a mistake there

Happy or sad?

Happy - if for no other reason than the noughties sounds stupid. I'm also at the stage wehre the fun and hard work put in at the beginning of the decade is paying off, so it will be good to see where the next ten years goes