iphone contracts....

wrightstuff83

...is there any room for sway?

Ready for upgrade this week and had hoped to get an iphone with vodafone and pass my 3g onto the missus.

Just off phone with them, they're saying there is absolutely no chance of getting rid of the one off handset payment.

I am currently on 600 mins unlimited txts and internet bundle for £25, so would be stepping up a tenner for the same deal on a 16g 3gs.

Plus I've always been 18 mth and theyre saying 24, I can live with these changes but the £90 handset fee REALLY bugs me, I've never had to pay for a contract handset and Ive been with them 10 years!

Anybody else have any luck/ advice?

Do I have a chance to argue?

I guess you just have to have the thought that your getting an iPod with it worth nearly £200, didn't it used to be like a £200 and odd payment plus £50 a month when it first came out? I'm sure in a few month's the price will continue to drop little by little. I think I'm lucky, becasue I can't upgrade untill Agust, and my current contract ends in November, so by then the price plans, and hopefully the one off payment may of dropped abit more.

My advice would be to keep your existing phone and get one of those pay&go rolling contracts for about 6-9 months, and see how the prices compare then.

Guest Roger Kint

Am on Vodafone and can upgrade 14th Feb, i emailed them and they said i had no chance of negotiating. Of course they always say that and cave in when you cancel it at least to some degree, i refuse to get 24 monther so would be looking at £200-£280 fee........sod that after almost 12 years with them, wouldnt be surprised if they offer better if you cancel and start again, they tried it on me last year thieving twats :angry:

I no man, it's pretty shocking that you get no leeway after all the money you have handed over over the years!

Have done the old quit threat before and got decent deals but defos no difference this time for iPhone.

Just wish I could find a way to swing the one off fee, it's more a matter on principle than anything!

Guest Roger Kint

Unfortunately all networks are asking for fees up front on start up. If Voda give no lee way then i would definately leave, they have messed me around that much over the past 5 years its only the last ditch offer that saved me from going, without that i would have chucked the shower of bastards years ago.

Maybe you should try this first, i can get £103 for my crap handset http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/mobile-recycling

Guest Roger Kint

It's Apple who dictate this unfortunately with the amount they charge the network providers for the phone.

Agree but how much each charges changes, in that sense Voda are quite good looking at the figures just now