Xbox games on demand.

Jimburst

Just bought GTA4 on my xbox with is 6 GB big. Been downloading it for nigh-on 3 hours and it's on 4%...I'm right in thinking thats fucking slow as balls, right?  :weep:

Anyone else downloaded a game off Live?

either 8 or 20 meg? I can't remember what my parents have nowadays. Maybe I could move the xbox nearer the router?

Doubt that would make a difference. If you can play online ok, then you should be able to download too. Could it be that someone else in the house is eating up the bandwidth? 6gig will take a fair while to download anyway, you'd be best to turn the background downloading on, and just leave it overnight...

either 8 or 20 meg? I can't remember what my parents have nowadays. Maybe I could move the xbox nearer the router?

Doubt that would make a difference. If you can play online ok, then you should be able to download too. Could it be that someone else in the house is eating up the bandwidth? 6gig will take a fair while to download anyway, you'd be best to turn the background downloading on, and just leave it overnight...

How do I do that? I'm feeling quite guilty leaving it on all night :lol:

How do I do that? I'm feeling quite guilty leaving it on all night :lol:

There's a setting somehwere, can't remember where though, where you set the hard drive and networking to still be on as long as there's stuff in your download queue. Doesn't use much power and it shuts down automatically once your download is finished.

1.) Go to My Xbox

2.) Next, Choose system settings and then select console settings.

3.) Next you need to select shutdown.

4.) Once done with upto step 3, select Background Downloads and set that to Enable.