NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Are people just ignoring Hughtons comments regarding Ben Arfa then?

Well the article says something like 'Hughton rubbished all of those links, saying none of the players mentioned would be coming to the club' yet Hughton's comment regarding Ben Arfa was:

'I read about Ben Arfa. He is a cracking player and it’s nice to see us linked with him, but there has been absolutely no contact there whatsoever.'

Until he categorically says 'he will not be coming here' I remain hopeful.

Guest Roger Kint

Are people just ignoring Hughtons comments regarding Ben Arfa then?

Well the article says something like 'Hughton rubbished all of those links, saying none of the players mentioned would be coming to the club' yet Hughton's comment regarding Ben Arfa was:

'I read about Ben Arfa. He is a cracking player and its nice to see us linked with him, but there has been absolutely no contact there whatsoever.'

Until he categorically says 'he will not be coming here' I remain hopeful.

But the stories about Ben Afra all state we have been contacted/have contacted Marseille. Surely that means they are all wrong regardless of whether Hughton outright denies it?

Miller was Derby's key striker wasn't he? Gulp.

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. He seems like the definition of a journeyman striker. Has he even done that well at Rangers? :undecided:

He's had a few good seasons at Rangers. As said before he does a lot of unselfish running as Boyd was a bit lazy. Weighed in with a few goals as well. Has got dodgy hamstrings and missed a few games this season but i think he still got into double figures. Works better with a large striker alongside him to be fair!

Guest BooBoo

It's coming from a shitty blog though isn't it?

Regarding O Hara, he's just had a kid with that tramp Danielle Lloyd. I can't imagine there's a cat in hells chance of him moving up north.

Guest Roger Kint

A few people on twitter say we watched Skeljbred and Annan for Rosenborg last night and are now negotiating for Skeljbred.

Who's he? Any good?

Guest Roger Kint

Highly rated attacking midfielder. Self stated lifelong Newcastle fan, would be a very good signing.

Never heard of him....

Two very realistic targets if our owner was willing to put up some serious capital, but back in reality he isn't, and if he did it wouldn't go on mids where we've got loads of average players, it would have to be a striker where we've only got one.

Either of Skjelbred or Annan would be lush.

Annan would be amazing, would completely change the team. Never seen the other chap play

Different players completely. Skjelbred is more attacking, but not really an out and out AM. Annan is probably more what we're crying out for.

They printed Lass Diarra. Might have it wrong since Mahmadou has been linked with a move away for quite a while.

If my scanner wasn't broken I'd scan the article, since "Sport" don't publish all their articles in their website.

Didnt we almost sign Lassana Diarra before he went to pompey? Just before Allardyce was sacked I think.

They printed Lass Diarra. Might have it wrong since Mahmadou has been linked with a move away for quite a while.

If my scanner wasn't broken I'd scan the article, since "Sport" don't publish all their articles in their website.

Didnt we almost sign Lassana Diarra before he went to pompey? Just before Allardyce was sacked I think.

Yep, pretty sure we'd even had a £5 million bid accepted.

Fucking love this bit from Skysports:

Among those generating the most publicity are Real Madrid legend Raul, Scunthorpe frontman Gary Hooper, former Manchester City striker Benjani and Marseille playmaker Hatem Ben Arfa.

Its probably the only time you'll ever see those names togther in a sentence  :laugh: