NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I can't see the joy the doubt then slight joy, the doubt then mega doubt and suicidal doubt stopping until the window closes, and even then were only catching our breath until the winter window to go through it all again.

I'm just trying to enjoy it, try not let it all get to me.  Fuking hard work.

What we need, is a nice juicy signing or two announced tomorrow. Everybody's craving that buzz. Addicted!

Confirmed Ba and Naylor looking likely. Then some nice juicy rumours to see us through the next couple of weeks while the club sell every fuker behind the scenes. Sorted.

I can't help being optimistic about all this.

There must be a reason why a player like Cabaye signed for us. Sacrificing CL football and playing for the best team in France.

There are big things gonna happen in the next few weeks.. ;)

Actually I reckon that's what Ashley's doing. I reckon he just likes the buzz of buying and selling players for the banter.

Bet he just starts new games on Fm all the time just for the kicks. For him it's a trading sim, just goes on holiday till the next window.

I really have just scared myself with thatthrought being true.  :lol:

Actually I reckon that's what Ashley's doing. I reckon he just likes the buzz of buying and selling players for the banter.

Bet he just starts new games on Fm all the time just for the kicks. For him it's a trading sim, just goes on holiday till the next window.

I really have just scared myself with that that being true.  :lol:

:lol: Aye, can genuinely imagine it.

I can't help being optimistic about all this.

There must be a reason why a player like Cabaye signed for us. Sacrificing CL football and playing for the best team in France.

There are big things gonna happen in the next few weeks.. ;)

Hope you're right mate.

Squads are overrated.

As Wullie said recently we have a fairly big squad, it just lacks quality. Shame we seem to be shipping the better parts of it

Really? The only ones we are actively getting shot of seem distinctly average to me, and that incudes Best if this paper talk isn't just fallout from a Steven Wraith tweet.

Did well in his purple patch, but I really don't rate him as much of a player tbh.

Him and Nolan are starters, we should be building on top of them and shipping the dross beneath them, ala Shola

Sorry, you can't include Nolan, we offered the guy a contract.

Let me repeat... Cambell, Kuqi, Best, Ranger and Smith are the only ones the press have suggeted we want shot of or have left.

I wouldn't cry over any of them.

He had two years left on his contract

And?

Despite still having those 2 years left, we offered to extend it, just not to the 5 years he was asking for. We weren't looking to get shot of him.

Peculiar about Best. Personally I don't rate him but he's a better option over the course of a season than Ameobi, Loven and Ranger.

Looks like it's going to be a mental couple of months.

Well right now we've got Ba coming in, Best, Ameobi, Loven, Ranger. In that order for me, Loven and Ranger pretty much interchangeable. Feel Best is more than capable of coming in as next choice. Get one more in, and I'm content with one of those final 3 being 4th choice, preferably Ranger if he can step up. I'm liking it tbf.

Interesting times.  Don't really rate Best and I'd be greatly disappointed if the club were to go into the season with the current strike force, but I don't feel good about this. (I just know in my bones that Ba is going to sit out half the season with some injury.)

If the club is actually going to spend the Carroll money, then sure, sell and upgrade. I have my doubts.

It does make sense if we are going to sign Ba and another forward. Still a gamble on Ba's injury proneness, but I can understand the rationale.

Just that everything happens too fast to accept....

In all likelyhood we are bringing in at least two strikers. (Ba and Erding)

Wouldn't suprise me to see someone else brought in too if we can shift Best, Xisco will surely be paid off and Ranger is apparently done too.

Ameobi, Ba, Erding and Lovenkrands wont be enough, although I realise Pardew has already mentioned Ben Arfa will be basically playing upfront too.

Ameobi, Ba, Erding and Lovenkrands wont be enough

That's the arguable point.  I think Ashley/Pardew do think that Shameobi is good enough as our 3rd choice.

And in any case, they may rely on Sameobi and Airey as our back up striker.

St-Etienne are on the verge of signing two midfielders, one of them Jeremy Clement from PSG and there's no talk of any swap/part-exchange or whatever.

Promising?

I'm just worried about PSG again, personally. If they keep their beaks out then I'm very hopeful.

Parisian journo on Twitter:

Latest PSG gossip: Leonardo wants Ancelotti as coach. Lucas (S Paulo), Eto'o, Menez, Park (ASM), Kaboul, Matuidi, Payet, NDinga targets

Guest Roger Kint

Surely Ameobi needs to go before Best? At this rate Ameobi is still going to be playing for us at 35 years old still believing that England call up is closer than ever!

His contract runs out next summer doesnt it?