Quoted £600.00 to install a Sky dish does that sound right?

SAK

Question for the knowledgeable members. I moved home last year to a house that has many large trees very close to the side where a Sky dish would have to face. Sky installers told me that they couldn't position a dish anywhere which would give a picture but told me to try an independent installer as they have custom fitting/larger dishes etc. I did this and was quoted:

1) £245 for the dish (larger dish similar to what they use in a communal Sky set up)

2) £315 for the cabling (£45x 7 feeds e.g 3 Sky HD and 1 regular box)

3) £55 for the fixing bracket

So does this price sound right for a non standard install?

Yeah, I'm going to get a quote by another installer but thought I would check here and see if anyone had experience with a non standard Sky install.

Virgin is not available where I am and the trees are on the local authorities land (I live in an end terrace) so I cant touch them. I'm not that bothered about not having it but the family want it.

If you live on a terrace, do none of the other houses have sky dishes? you could get your dish fitted near theirs, with permission of course.

Also £245 just for a dish is well over the top, unless you are getting something like a 2.5 m one like!!

If you live on a terrace, do none of the other houses have sky dishes? you could get your dish fitted near theirs, with permission of course.

Also £245 just for a dish is well over the top, unless you are getting something like a 2.5 m one like!!

yeah u could go to somewhere like maplins and get a 1m dish which will get you more or less every channel in europe for £50