John Terry reinstated as England captain

Parky

Never mind how much of a cock he is, he's a s**** international defender as highlighted against Algeria where he twice went to attack the ball while climbing all over his man which initself is bad enough but he did it some 40 yards or so from his own goal with just the lone striker up top for Algeria.  :idiot2: In short all he had to do was hold firm and squeeze the forward further back into his own half. He did this in double quick succession too, handing the opposition two free-kicks and cheap possession, made all the worse when you're not too hot in possession yourself. He's too thick for this level. In the Premiership where he doesn't have to think too much and is tasked with attacking everything and everyone he's great, but when he has to think and act all at the same time in a technical manner he's very poor and this is something I've long said about him at this level. Carvalho, his Chelsea team mate is 3 times the player Terry is. Me, I wouldn't have him anywhere near the England squad because he's average never mind anything else.

Good point. Carvalho is like a chess player compared to Terry.

Because he wanted to air his views following a 0-0 with Algeria?

I find it amazing that anyone thinks this isnt a good idea to be honest. Its all fine being obedient, until we're knocked out of the tournament and everyone then has a go at the players for not trying hard enough. No win situation.

Find it cringeworthy aswell when people start comparing our lives to theirs.

But why air it to the media though? What is gained by that? Take your greivances to Capello by all means, argue all fuckin night...But keep it within the team. Why take it to the media?

The FA sent him to talk to the media. The major question for me is why didnt Adrian (Boro scum) sitting next him say out or end it.

I love Adds linkedin

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/adrianbevington

Surely all that slippery insiduous mind game stuff wasn't in the script. FA probably told him the press think there is trouble within the team and the manager, go and show support, but he did it all in such a sly way it looked bad on the squad as well as Capello.

Never mind how much of a cock he is, he's a s**** international defender as highlighted against Algeria where he twice went to attack the ball while climbing all over his man which initself is bad enough but he did it some 40 yards or so from his own goal with just the lone striker up top for Algeria.  :idiot2: In short all he had to do was hold firm and squeeze the forward further back into his own half. He did this in double quick succession too, handing the opposition two free-kicks and cheap possession, made all the worse when you're not too hot in possession yourself. He's too thick for this level. In the Premiership where he doesn't have to think too much and is tasked with attacking everything and everyone he's great, but when he has to think and act all at the same time in a technical manner he's very poor and this is something I've long said about him at this level. Carvalho, his Chelsea team mate is 3 times the player Terry is. Me, I wouldn't have him anywhere near the England squad because he's average never mind anything else.

All well and good until you consider who you would replace him with.

The answer. Nobody is better than him AND currently fit.

Because he wanted to air his views following a 0-0 with Algeria?

I find it amazing that anyone thinks this isnt a good idea to be honest. Its all fine being obedient, until we're knocked out of the tournament and everyone then has a go at the players for not trying hard enough. No win situation.

Find it cringeworthy aswell when people start comparing our lives to theirs.

But why air it to the media though? What is gained by that? Take your greivances to Capello by all means, argue all fuckin night...But keep it within the team. Why take it to the media?

The FA sent him to talk to the media. The major question for me is why didnt Adrian (Boro scum) sitting next him say out or end it.

I love Adds linkedin

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/adrianbevington

Surely all that slippery insiduous mind game stuff wasn't in the script. FA probably told him the press think there is trouble within the team and the manager, go and show support, but he did it all in such a sly way it looked bad on the squad as well as Capello.

The bloke sitting next to him at the press conference is paid fucking loads of dosh to keep these things in check man, he said nowt. I think he said nowt because in reality saying everyone needs to look at themselves was correct & Bevington thought nothing of it & let that line questioning continue.

He's airing it to the fans through the media isnt he. Trying to keep us onside so we dont increase the pressure thats already there.

Everyone was confused by the Joe cole situation, so he spoke on it. Im glad he did. Im more dissapointed by hearing that nothing happened in the meeting if its so easy to approach Capello.

It's a shame our strength in depth at the back is poor - there's a time and a place for those things and airing your grievances to the world certainly isn't one of them.

I would like to know what's changed so much since qualifying...

Guest neesy111

as a player, you don't say you want a certain player in the team in public!  i'm sure SWP and Milner we're delighted to hear that he wanted joe cole playing to the whole of the world

Not really sure what to believe regarding all this Terry business but I can't help but think we should at least wait until we are knocked out before getting to the bottom of who's to blame and for what.

Not that the media give a shit about that of course. They can't wait for us to fail.

Not really sure what to believe about all this Terry business but I can't help but think we should at least wait until we are knocked out before getting to the bottom of who's to blame and for what.

Not that the media give a shit about that of course.

Media are loving it man, from the moment they got Terry sacked they found their way in, they found a way to disrupt and Capello's authority became compromised, and before that it was a fortress, no sleaze, high morale, winning football they had nothing to spin.

I bet Beckham's got something to do with this. The pernicious little spunk-bubble. [/unfounded]

damn right hoping he'll get the england job from capello his body language is saying he wants to be boss  :fishing:

Wouldn't put it past him.

The rumour that Rooney decked Terry is definitely too good to be true though.

So Carra had a word & Rooney decked him!!!

Are these rumours doing the rounds in Liverpool?

Clearly. Can well believe the first, not the second.

Is this from the same source that gave us the scoop that Kris Commons was banging Ms G? While Mr G was paying some teenage lass to get rid of kid

Afraid I have no idea what you're talking about.

It's a shame our strength in depth at the back is poor - there's a time and a place for those things and airing your grievances to the world certainly isn't one of them.

He did it now because he knows he won't be dropped, what with King and Carra being unavailable.

The man's an unmitigated cock.

Terry seems to be a bit thick. You shouldn't try to side with the media against the manager anyway, but to do that without having any support in the dressing room is really stupid. He doesn't seem able to think more than one step in advance.

I thought he should have been out of the squad when the Wayne Bridge issue came up. He survived because of his quality as a defender. If it had been Upson then I suspect that Bridge would have been in the squad.

Capello didn't grasp the nettle then, and it sounds like he's paid the price for it.

i wonder if terry's comments will ultimately mean that Joe Cole is less likely to start, out of Capello fearing that playing him will be seen as 'giving in' to Terry. Pity, cos terry was quite right in what he said, but he's gone about it in a stupid way.

Not really sure what to believe about all this Terry business but I can't help but think we should at least wait until we are knocked out before getting to the bottom of who's to blame and for what.

Not that the media give a shit about that of course.

Media are loving it man, from the moment they got Terry sacked they found their way in, they found a way to disrupt and Capello's authority became compromised, and before that it was a fortress, no sleaze, high morale, winning football they had nothing to spin.

Agree with all of that. The irony being the fucking media were going apeshit because of Capellos clauses and the rumours they spread about him being linked with all sorts of jobs which turned into them demanding his contract was sorted before the WC and NOW they're the first bastards to complain about the £10m it'll cost to sack him.

You couldn't make it up.

i wonder if terry's comments will ultimately mean that Joe Cole is less likely to start, out of Capello fearing that playing him will be seen as 'giving in' to Terry. Pity, cos terry was quite right in what he said, but he's gone about it in a stupid way.

Agree totally. Shame that fat head had to open his fat mouth. Joe Cole is just what England needs.