Counter-strike: Global Offensive - PC/360/PS3/MAC

Clay

Valve has announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, due out on PC, Mac (via Steam), PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade early 2012.

As rumoured earlier today, the game features new maps, characters and weapons. According to Valve, it "delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc)".

On top of that, you'll get new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leaderboards and more. Valve did not mention whether it is free to play.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Valve marketing chief Doug Lombardi.

"For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise.

"CS: GO promises to expand on the CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

Global Offensive is being developed by Seattle studio Hidden Patch Entertainment, in collaboration with Valve.

And Eurogamer is delighted to announce that the game will be playable at Eurogamer Expo 2011 next

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/8/8/3/0/9/ss_preview_ss_6fb588280dfcfad6c98bf5d6d0fadd691b18e003.1920x1080.jpg.jpg

Decent.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Could be a chance to get into CS without getting my brains blown out by the guys who have been playing it for 11 years straight.

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

Just hope they don´t alter the aiming, recoil and player movement(and speed) aspect of the game. I like the fact that you can´t run wildy around like on many other fps games, and that reaction, aim and strategy actually means something.

This is relevent to my interests.

Stopped playing 1.6 about 6 months ago but will have to get back into it in preperation for this.

Will have to buy a new mouse mind, my deathadder broke so having to use a shitty dell mouse atm.

At one stage I pretty much solely played cs_office. I was never particularly brilliant, I always used to go Terrorist, equip the old knife, belt it round the back and out the window whilst equipping the AK47 and either be dead in an instant or mow down half the opposition blind siding them going through the other window/door. Great tactic :lol:

Used to love de_rats and de_mice..

I've always been average at best though :lol: I hate the fact you never know if you're playing genuinely skilled (freaks) players or people cheating with aimbots/wallhacks.

At one stage I pretty much solely played cs_office. I was never particularly brilliant, I always used to go Terrorist, equip the old knife, belt it round the back and out the window whilst equipping the AK47 and either be dead in an instant or mow down half the opposition blind siding them going through the other window/door. Great tactic :lol:

Is it sad to say I know exactly what you mean? :lol:

Fucking hell, I really shouldn't start playing this again. Hmm...

Would get it for me laptop like and get a mouse.