NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest taps01

It has to be a minimum of £22m, but think we could get £25m. But the newspapers keep calling him '£15m rated'.

Would be a great fit at Chelsea if they're really looking to get 'younger.' Ya know Roman would have no problem dropping £22m either. Though I'm not sure they'd need him necessarily, Obi and Essien aren't too shabby.

Essien isn't the player he was.

It has to be a minimum of £22m, but think we could get £25m. But the newspapers keep calling him '£15m rated'.

Would be a great fit at Chelsea if they're really looking to get 'younger.' Ya know Roman would have no problem dropping £22m either. Though I'm not sure they'd need him necessarily, Obi and Essien aren't too shabby.

Essien isn't the player he was.

Agreed, but he's serviceable in a rotation with Obi. Though imo Ramires is their best defensive mid even if he does play more forward. Good box to box player.

Wouldn't sell him. £20m isn't a daft enough price for him. It's high, but I'd still keep him. He really is an important part of our team.

Unless we get blown out the water by an offer, I'm leaning this way too. No nonsense type we need in midfield, great chemistry with Jonas and Yohan too.

Will be gutted if he's sold under £25 mill. He got consistency problems, such as not passing soon enough and taking to high risks. Because of that some may underrate him. But when he returned form injury this season it was obvious that he gave the midfield a new dimension. He covers a lot of ground, destroys everybody that challenges him and for a DM his passing is very accurate. And most importantly, Tiote's presence makes the opponent terrified. Nobody turns when Tiote is nearby. The result is a lot more support passes and  and that we're able to press higher up on the pitch. So Tiote will have an impact on the game regardless of consistency problems.

Think Tiote is worth nowhere near £25m, but that's a personal subjective view of him, and not considering this is a world where Jordan Henderson costs that.

The issue with selling Tiote would not be imo the exact sum you get for him. It's what selling him in the first place says to the other players.

So Tiote will have an impact on the game regardless of consistency problems.

He has plenty of games - mostly at home - where he doesn't really make an impact.

Defensively Tiote always make and impact when he plays, but he sometimes causes problems for us offensively. eg passes too late.

So Tiote will have an impact on the game regardless of consistency problems.

He has plenty of games - mostly at home - where he doesn't really make an impact.

Most defensive midfielders struggle to impress against weaker sides at home because they often aren't entirely necessary when you possess the ball a heavy amount. Especially if your defenders are not pushing up. I've seen this at many clubs. Tiote is extremely inconsistent, imo, but not all of it is his fault.

Think Tiote is worth nowhere near £25m, but that's a personal subjective view of him, and not considering this is a world where Jordan Henderson costs that.

The issue with selling Tiote would not be imo the exact sum you get for him. It's what selling him in the first place says to the other players.

I'm not sure, Neil. We sold our best prospect in years and bought Cabaye, Santon, Demba Ba, and Marveaux in the next window. Modern players should be savvy enough to realise that most players will be sold if exorbitant offers come in. No one in this team is irreplaceable.

The real problem for me is the complete lack of aggression and athleticism in our midfield if he leaves. We have no one else in the squad whose style is similar.

How much is Tiote worth? I.e., what's the price you'd be willing to see Tiote leave for, if any?

18mill

Jordan Henderson, Andy Carroll & Stuart Downing...

Liverpool don't count, they're stupid.

Milner, Lescott & Barry.

How much is Tiote worth? I.e., what's the price you'd be willing to see Tiote leave for, if any?

18mill

Milner, Lescott & Barry.

English players don't count, they're forever overpriced :jesuswept:

£18m+ would be fair for Tiote, could probably get a bit more if the likes of Chelsea/City/PSG go to war for him. Would naturally rather keep him, think the only 'star; player we could afford to lose is Ba

£25 million plus.

He wasn't as imperious last season as he was in his first but he had a pretty broken up season, seemed to be trying to stay out of the referee's notebook and when he did have a good game he was absolutely phenomenal. When he's on form he's our most important player by a mile, he completely changes the dynamic of the game.

I can't see Mulumbu being anything other than a squad player. Lose Guthrie, gain him and Amalfitano.

18mill

Milner, Lescott & Barry.

£18m+ would be fair for Tiote, could probably get a bit more if the likes of Chelsea/City/PSG go to war for him. Would naturally rather keep him, think the only 'star; player we could afford to lose is Ba

Fellani, Torres & Dzeko.

18mill

Milner, Lescott & Barry.

Fellani, Torres & Dzeko.

Is this meant as a list of players who were horrendously overpriced? If so, Fellaini doesn't deserve to be anywhere near that list.

£25 million plus.

He wasn't as imperious last season as he was in his first but he had a pretty broken up season, seemed to be trying to stay out of the referee's notebook and when he did have a good game he was absolutely phenomenal. When he's on form he's our most important player by a mile, he completely changes the dynamic of the game.

Exactly. As Pards Said, Colo and Tiote are our most important players. Tiote's intensity changes the game completely. Selling Tiote for the same amount as Henderson is not acceptable imo.

So that's Liverpool, English players, Chelsea, Man City and Fellani that are exempt from valuations :razz:

Basically

:lol:

Fellani; how much would he go for had he been signed for £3.5m instead of £15m? Should that matter? It's hard to value players, but you've got to look at the Market, I doubt Everton would even think of anything less than £20-25m for Fellani and I think we've got to be thinking higher than them, were in a much better financial position and Tiote a more wanted player.

Only just seen that Mulumbu tweet, wouldn't mind him at all like. Would be decent backup to Cheik.

Mind you though, that tweet was very unprofessional and bit of a dick move.