NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Least surprising story ever. Have they placed €50 notes out at strategic distance points between Lyon and Joe Kinnear's office or something? Another hero to get behind for purely sporting reasons though, yay.

Gomis and Remy are indeed dastardly Frogs so I guess we should all feel disappointed if they turn out to be this summer's major signings.

Still need a winger IMO and then there's the Cabaye scenario....

not playing wingers could well get the best from ben arfa.

Still think we need someone on the left side to give the team a bit of balance, let Ben Arfa do what he wants to an extent but the team would be a lot more balanced with a quality winger on the left balancing out Ben Arfa's roaming runs.

Sort of like how City has Silva on the left floating about but Navas holding the width on the right.

whereas I see our midfield as being perferctly set up for a 3. that would also give bena raf the chance to roam, attacking full backs to do that. the key being the other forward....can't be a stabdrad through thye middle striker like cisse, got to be someone mobil, can drop deep but looks to get on the end of things IN THE BOX. (hopefully remy).

last season i'd pushed the idea of ben arfa and marveaux playing off cisse or ba but after watching them enough neither has getting in the box to get on the end of things in their game.

Remy is definitely a key we need him to be our Aguero here but obviously not as technical or anywhere near as good, but i wonder could Cisse and Remy work in such a set up?

The way i see it for us to have any success with 442 then Remy needs to have a great season, then its a question who is the most suitable partner.

I'm undecided on who that would be.

thats why given remy I don't think we'd play 4-4-2.

a gomis signing would be gomis or cisse NOT gomis and cisse.

Least surprising story ever. Have they placed €50 notes out at strategic distance points between Lyon and Joe Kinnear's office or something? Another hero to get behind for purely sporting reasons though, yay.

Gomis and Remy are indeed dastardly Frogs so I guess we should all feel disappointed if they turn out to be this summer's major signings.

You seen to have more of an issue with me not wanting 100% French mercenariesplayers wanting to further their career in our squad than I do with having them in our squad. Odd.

Why is it an issue? You don't like mercenaries if they are French, I don't really care where they come from.

You seen to have more of an issue with me not wanting 100% French mercenariesplayers wanting to further their career in our squad than I do with having them in our squad. Odd.

Why is it an issue? You don't like mercenaries if they are French, I don't really care where they come from.

Nolan, Barton and Carroll fucking off as soon as they were offered better wages is only more proof of this evil French plague that is spreading through the squad.

That's only mentioning the English, Ba and Enrique did the same.

French players! :angry:

Nolan, Barton and Carroll f***ing off as soon as they were offered better wages is only more proof of this evil French plague that is spreading through the squad.

That's only mentioning the English, Ba and Enrique did the same.

French players! :angry:

:lol:

Still need a winger IMO and then there's the Cabaye scenario....

not playing wingers could well get the best from ben arfa.

Still think we need someone on the left side to give the team a bit of balance, let Ben Arfa do what he wants to an extent but the team would be a lot more balanced with a quality winger on the left balancing out Ben Arfa's roaming runs.

Sort of like how City has Silva on the left floating about but Navas holding the width on the right.

whereas I see our midfield as being perferctly set up for a 3. that would also give bena raf the chance to roam, attacking full backs to do that. the key being the other forward....can't be a stabdrad through thye middle striker like cisse, got to be someone mobil, can drop deep but looks to get on the end of things IN THE BOX. (hopefully remy).

last season i'd pushed the idea of ben arfa and marveaux playing off cisse or ba but after watching them enough neither has getting in the box to get on the end of things in their game.

Remy is definitely a key we need him to be our Aguero here but obviously not as technical or anywhere near as good, but i wonder could Cisse and Remy work in such a set up?

The way i see it for us to have any success with 442 then Remy needs to have a great season, then its a question who is the most suitable partner.

I'm undecided on who that would be.

I think Remy and Cisse could be a good partnership, but not an ideal one. As Cisse's game is based around capitalising on pockets of space, having someone with the movement of Remy alongside him can open up a few gaps. There's also the added bonus that Remy is a good enough footballer to be the one to drop deep more and link play.

Pardew said they'd need work to operate as a front 2, I don't think they'll need to do that at all as they're different players.

Guest bimpy474

Smokescreen to force Aulas' hand? I hope so.

If this happen it would be by accident, we haven't the brains to do that and Aulus is so mental i dont think he cares.

If this happen it would be by accident, we haven't the brains to do that and Aulus is so mental i dont think he cares.

I'll love to see if he still is that mental once Lyon gets knocked out tonight.

Guest bimpy474

I'll love to see if he still is that mental once Lyon gets knocked out tonight.

Oh yeah, forgot that. If there in as much debt as is being reported, he arse would be quivering a bit like.