Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest taps01

Apparently McLaren reported as saying to Dutch media "Luuk de Jong stays at Twente if it's up to me, unless a team offers 'stupid money' for him."

In his Dutch accent?

Shhtupid Oarfa for him.

Well it isnt up to you shteve.

Hope I'm not tempting fate but if we do sign De Jong can anyone see this being our formation when playing at home?           

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon

Cabaye Tiote BenArfa 

Cisse DeJong DembaBa

As much as I love Ben Arfa cutting in from the right, I feel it would be much more of an advantage having him crossing with his strongest foot.

Obviously De Jong would be the target man and mix things up getting headers on goal or headers down for Ba and Cisse to run onto.

I don't get why we would fly to Holland if a fee hadn't been agreed, or at least had some indication from Twente that they were willing to sell & it was just to do a bit more bargaining?

That is if all of this is true like, could be a load of old bollocks I suppose, unless I see pics of Llambias in a coffee shop clinging to a bong.

Was checking a FC Twente forum and one of the posters indicated an interesting possibility with regards to the double deal scenario: considering the trouble with Douglas has been a number of representatives wanting a piece of the pie of any prospective deal, what if we're trying to tie up a double deal for let's say 18 million euros and make it 17,5 million for De Jong and 0,5 for Douglas? That would potentially leave these Douglas hanger-ons in the dark and could give the players and clubs the deal they want.

How does 0.5m screw his hanger-ons over?

Because a fixed percentage of 0,5 mill is a lot less than the same fixed percentage of 6 mill?

Surely Twente just screwing themselves over though.

EDIT: I'm guessing because it would be essentially £18m for both but done in a way so that his hanger ons didn't get much if any of the money? That makes sense.

Guest taps01

Twente chairman Munstermann is a notoriously hard negotiator though. Can see parties getting frustrated with each other fairly quickly.. :lol:

We done alright out of the Tiote deal.

Was checking a FC Twente forum and one of the posters indicated an interesting possibility with regards to the double deal scenario: considering the trouble with Douglas has been a number of representatives wanting a piece of the pie of any prospective deal, what if we're trying to tie up a double deal for let's say 18 million euros and make it 17,5 million for De Jong and 0,5 for Douglas? That would potentially leave these Douglas hanger-ons in the dark and could give the players and clubs the deal they want.

Because a fixed percentage of 0,5 mill is a lot less than the same fixed percentage of 6 mill?

Why? As long as they get the total asking price for both players combined what difference would it make to them?

Why? As long as they get the total asking price for both players combined what difference would it make to them?

Yeah I didn't think about the increased fee for De Jong. Got it now! Thanks

Guest taps01

Twente chairman Munstermann is a notoriously hard negotiator though. Can see parties getting frustrated with each other fairly quickly.. :lol:

Buyout clause.

Ah right is that how we got him so cheap, never realised.

Would that be legal, never heard of that sort of deal happening in the past. Douglas's agents would be royally screwed if a deal like this was struck.

Apparently McLaren reported as saying to Dutch media "Luuk de Jong stays at Twente if it's up to me, unless a team offers 'stupid money' for him."

In his Dutch accent?

Shhtupid Oarfa for him.

Well it isnt up to you shteve.

Yesh but nowbody will be more upshet than myshelf to see him depart. That shed, he'sh no Malcolm Chrishtie.

Buyout clause.

Never heard about this. Pretty sure we just got him cheaply because he was a bench warmer for the most part and didn't fit into Twente's style.

Buyout clause.

Ah right is that how we got him so cheap, never realised.

Never heard about it either.. The fact is Tiote was a squad player for them as they had better options in midfield at the time. In hindsight I think Twente didn't realise they had a gem just sitting on the bench and sold him to cheaply/should have given him a chance in the first team. Unless of course there actually was a buyout clause.. ???

As I've said before on here though, whilst we're on the topic of wor Cheick, it is a wideheld belief amongst Twente fans (my brother in law is one of them) that they have a clause that sees them profit substantially in case of a future transfer. He's constantly nagging on to me about selling him to Chelsea FFS.. :lol:

Would that be legal, never heard of that sort of deal happening in the past. Douglas's agents would be royally screwed if a deal like this was struck.

Can't see why it would be illegal. The hard part may be convincing Douglas about this course of action, depending on how formal his obligations are to these hanger-ons..

Guest taps01

Great name by the way.

Great name by the way.

first name herman ?

Can't see why it would be illegal. The hard part may be convincing Douglas about this course of action, depending on how formal his obligations are to these hanger-ons..

technically it would be fraud i think.

Guest bimpy474

Are we only signing players from the first few letters of the alphabet now?  Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba, Debuchy, Douglas, Anita, De Jong, Amalfitano......

Good spot, you might be Santon to something there.