Other clubs' transfers

TBG

James Ducker ‏@TelegraphDucker  2h

Aubameyang is on #mcfc radar but they've been no meetings, conversations, offers & club baffled at suggestions a deal is at advanced stage

I have heard European journalists say more than once that Aubameyang has always been adamant that he will only leave Dortmund for Spain.  But of course it is easy to say that until an offer from another club proves tempting.

Eric Bailly to Man United.

The Manc sides sure love spending heavily on defenders. I've always thought of defence as a collective unit which is more about collective organisation than talent, whereas big money gets spent on attacking individuals. Don't know if that's an archaic way to see things.

The Manc sides sure love spending heavily on defenders. I've always thought of defence as a collective unit which is more about collective organisation than talent, whereas big money gets spent on attacking individuals. Don't know if that's an archaic way to see things.

To a point I agree, a collective organisation is more important for the defence than any individual. Can't hurt to have defenders who are good individually though, it's not enough by itself though obviously.

Hasn't Darmian been pretty average this past season? Seemed to be quite a lot of games he didn't start in

I don't think Van Gaal fancied him. Had a couple of small injuries, played on the left a couple of times where he's dire. Under Mourinho he could be a really good player. Remains to be seen if Mourinho even likes him though.

To a point I agree, a collective organisation is more important for the defence than any individual. Can't hurt to have defenders who are good individually though, it's not enough by itself though obviously.

Aye. Although not always a starter Savic looked excellent for Atleti when he couldn't get a game or seemingly perma-crocked for City. Alderweireld was used as a substitute FB for Atleti but is a star man at CB for Spurs because of the unit being so good.

But it doesn't hurt to have a Juve BBC, Vidic & Ferdinand, Marquinhos and Silva

Hasn't Darmian been pretty average this past season? Seemed to be quite a lot of games he didn't start in

I don't think Van Gaal fancied him. Had a couple of small injuries, played on the left a couple of times where he's dire. Under Mourinho he could be a really good player. Remains to be seen if Mourinho even likes him though.

He seems like the type of player who Mourinho would like for some reason. I can't believe he's 26, though. He looks 19-20.