Swansea City vs. Newcastle United - 10/09/17 @ 4pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Anyway, Swansea have looked pretty poor so far.

Shelvey's gonna have to prove he can be trusted, but as of right now he can't be trusted to start against his old team. Good job Merino's looked so good, unlucky Jonjo.

Joselu to start up top again and try to get players running off him.

Should be looking to try and keep a clean sheet here with a solid away performance.

If Rafa goes, the club is dead until Ashley's gone. There'd be no way to argue otherwise and dropping like a stone would probably be the only way he'd even consider selling the club.

Currently, the club is probably dead as well but there's the symbol of hope for the future in Rafa. It's such a desperately frustrating situation, because as much as you want to believe in a positive future, it's nigh on impossible when you consider what came before.

So what is going to change to make him drop his vastly unrealistic asking price while we are in the Premier League (asking price is about double the clubs actual market value)? You just said he isn't going to change.

Quite sad that people are happy with Ashley's version of NUFC that only exists to advertise Sports Direct.

For me, I don't want us relegated as things stand but this is last chance saloon for Ashley with Rafa and self harm has to be an option if and when he fucks it up again (you said he wouldn't change) in an attempt to get the football club back.

Coincidentally if Rafa is forced out, only an embarrassingly rapid drop through the leagues might possibly be enough for these people who are happy with Ashleys NUFC to turn on him and for the fans to unite in opposition. Possibly.

Ive spoken to customers at work who I know are match goers. from a POV of knowledge gained from this forum, and in almost all cases they have been totally oblivious- just blank expressions.

:pokerface:

I'm not wishing us down to League one or two like. Fuck that. It would be in no way good for us. Short term or long term.

You don't think dropping to League 1 or 2 would be good for the club in the long term if it meant Ashley would sell us at that point?

Wow.

I'd snap your hands off for that offer right now.

Hans and Yorkie can't let shit go... Writes a 4 page essay :lol:

I'll read it in a bit like, but my point from the beginning has been that the short term pain for long term gain view point from people is fair enough and doesn't deserve mockery. The #wait view point is also risky.

Like KI has said this was annoying during the 5 years of Pardew and it's annoying now. People wanting us to lose games because they think it's better for the club should tell you everything you need to know about how fucked this club is under Ashley.

P.s this obviously hinges on whether Rafa is still here in a couple of weeks time.

Have the last two relegations not been enough evidence for people that relegation will not rid us of Ashley? :lol:

Makes us even less attractive for any perspective buyers as Ashley would still demand a ridiculous fee, which would be even more ridiculous for a Championship team.

It's not about just a relegation, I think most acknowledge it would take a hell of a lot more than that. It's about taking it to a point where it's not worth his while owning the club and him coming to a position where he will sell for a reasonable price.

For many, this period now with Rafa is his last chance.

Where is that point though, League One? League Two? The Conference?

Venky's still in charge at Blackburn, Oyston's still in charge at Blackpool, crazy Italian(?) chap still in charge at Leyton Orient. These shithouse owners are willing to let clubs mill around in the lower leagues, they couldn't give a fuck. Ashley is exactly the same. He'd be happy to keep hold of us in League Two, in an attempt to try and get us back up to the PL so that he could recoup his money. He wouldn't think "oh no, I better sell Newcastle now for a 90% loss". He's a greedy cunt and he'd rather risk us going bust than sell us for a price lower than he wants.

Our best chance of getting rid of Ashley is by being in and around the PL, where all of the money and all of the media attention is and where Ashley's valuation of us is not totally ridiculous.

Nail on head here mind.

Anyway, feel Rafa may favour those not on international duty as he'll have more time to set them up.

That would mean no Ritchie, Clark, Merino, Elliot, Atsu, Mbemba and Mitrovic (banned probably) which would result in a pretty rubbish team

I'm not sure what it is I couldn't let go of, like. My last post I made to you, OCK, during the conversation was a fencey-sitty one about the uncertain sellability of the club. Meanwhile you were running off to Gen Chat like a big diva. :pow:

Whatevs. Like you say, each side of the argument has been declared; neither is gonna agree with the other. If Rafa goes I can't support us and if it plummets through the leagues, so be it. You think differently, I respect that.

You all so sure that Mitro will get a ban...but if he can play...still cameo role or not even that?

Or he deserve more then 15 min per game?

Yes,i am from Serbia,and i am his big fan..but i wish to hear normal opinions..without shitro,donkovic and other rubbish

When you consider his form in pre season and these 2 goals in 2 games...and probably goals against Moldavia and Walles...did he deserve a chance?Becouse in these 5 pages i didnt even see his name in any post?

Anyway, feel Rafa may favour those not on international duty as he'll have more time to set them up.

That would mean no Ritchie, Clark, Merino, Elliot, Atsu, Mbemba and Mitrovic (banned probably) which would result in a pretty rubbish team

I don't think he'll leave them all out, maybe just one or two, in areas like on the wings where we have Aarons and Murphy, or defence with Yedlin and Lejeune back

Don't think they've started that badly to be honest. You can toss out the 4-0 loss to Man Utd because a) Man Utd appear to be quite good b) three of the goals came in a five minute stretch at the end. The other results are a goalless draw away to Southampton and a 2-0 away win against an admittedly terrible Palace team. They also won their cup game 4-1. I think we'd all be pretty happy if we had that start.

I'm not wishing us down to League one or two like. f*** that. It would be in no way good for us. Short term or long term.

You don't think dropping to League 1 or 2 would be good for the club in the long term if it meant Ashley would sell us at that point?

Wow.

I'd snap your hands off for that offer right now.

You'd gladly take a relegation to League 2 with the guaranteed catastrophic impact on the club of such an outcome --and all the pain along the way--if it meant Ashley sold the club? The probable price opening up a wider than normal range of potential purchasers and a real risk of an out if the frying pan into the fire (quite literally destroying the club). Think Venkys or some local half wit with a few bob who does an Oyston. Wow indeed. Irrational hate of Corsican or Sicilian levels; really are digging two graves (latter one better be fucking huge though because there would be hundreds of  thousands of us joining you in it).

Gonna be another tough game on the road, they will be bouyed by a great end of the window as well as beating Palace away from home last match. We've decided to drain away any confidence we had from the West Ham game with a terrible last week of the window. If we want to pick something up from this game, I think we need to move away from his standard formation and play a more flat 3 in midfield, Shelvey replacing Perez.

Gonna be another tough game on the road, they will be bouyed by a great end of the window as well as beating Palace away from home last match. We've decided to drain away any confidence we had from the West Ham game with a terrible last week of the window. If we want to pick something up from this game, I think we need to move away from his standard formation and play a more flat 3 in midfield, Shelvey replacing Perez.

Formation change you say?

New manager in then?

Formation change you say?

New manager in then?

I can't see him not bringing Shelvey back straight away, so that will mean dropping one of Hayden or Merino, which would be a little silly. Really Perez, despite playing a little better on Saturday should not be getting a game ahead of one of these three. I can see Rafa, playing Shelvey in a slightly deeper 10 role though.