Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caulkin literally said two days ago that progress was still being made. Calm the fuck down people.

It's just the transfer window about to be a disaster is a kind of milestone. TBH I never thought it would be done by now, but I did hope some arrangement to sign players could be made.

PCP can simply go to buy Southampton and hire Rafa as their manager. Ashley would be the only one who suffer from the huge relegation loss.  Obviously he didn't realise this.

Southampton have just been sold.

Shit lol

I remember some poster on here who seemed knowledgable of these sorts of transactions/negotiations said the sale of the club would easily take till at least the end of January/start of February. With that considered, how would people feel about us signing nobody but also selling nobody, and then being taken over when the window is closed?

I wouldn't mind it, I think it will be close with the current squad but also genuinely feel we already have just enough to stay up. We're on course already tbf.

Are you people forgetting that Ashley has said that he wouldn't sell to someone who didn't have the clubs best interests at heart?

I'm afraid any delay is probably not down to money, but PCP simply failing to demonstrate enough care in the clubs future.

Imagine an owner worse than Ashley.  :lol:

The mackems dont have to  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you people forgetting that Ashley has said that he wouldn't sell to someone who didn't have the clubs best interests at heart?

I'm afraid any delay is probably not down to money, but PCP simply failing to demonstrate enough care in the clubs future.

7ZpzLx1.gif

In the next few days, maybe this time next week, there will be an announcement right out of the blue. Big yellow bar on SSN - Newcastle United sold to PCP capital partners.

Just fucking relax!

Wouldn't be ideal but as we would have a reasonable chance of relegation with Ashley remaining I'd prefer a reasonable chance of relegation with a new owner.

:thup:

People seem utterly convinced we're going down without the takeover happening in time for substantial investment this month. To be fair I might have said the same a couple of weeks back. Bit more relaxed about it now. We do need some signings, but we've shown we're capable of getting results even with the current squad. Suppose what would change that is if the other strugglers bring in their own improvements and we're left behind.

Wouldn't be ideal but as we would have a reasonable chance of relegation with Ashley remaining I'd prefer a reasonable chance of relegation with a new owner.

People seem utterly convinced we're going down without the takeover happening in time for substantial investment this month. To be fair I might have said the same a couple of weeks back. Bit more relaxed about it now. We do need some signings, but we've shown we're capable of getting results even with the current squad. Suppose what would change that is if the other strugglers bring in their own improvements and we're left behind.

This is my concern. I'd be surprised if every single club didn't try and strengthen. Fortunately for us WBA will have to sell Evans to do so and Swansea appear to be a basket case.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd be as relaxed if the points tally was more spread out, but as shit as West Brom and Swansea are, they and all of the others only need a tiny amount of improvement over us for it to make all the difference. Bottom place only being 6 points from 13th feels mad.

What worries me the most about relegation is how our performance against Stoke was probably us at the ceiling of our ability. 1-0 winners against a very poor Stoke outfit who had some very good chances.

What worries me the most about relegation is how our performance against Stoke was probably us at the ceiling of our ability. 1-0 winners against a very poor Stoke outfit who had some very good chances.

It wasn't like, we've played better than we just did against Stoke earlier on in the season. We were very good against West Ham & Stoke at home off the top of my head.

There are only a limited number of good players available and too big a squad overhaul can impact results anyhow.

Realistically not half of the clubs below and around us are going to sign the players they need to better us this season.

So if we maintain our current squad and avoid injuries we will probably be fine, but will have dropped a bit to cause a sweat.

Two clever signings, even loans will secure us mid table.