Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On a positive note, at least I soon don't have to give all my office mates a daily update on this fucking thing.

'Oh, what's happening up there? Gone all quiet, hasn't it? Reckon it'll happen in time to sign some players?' Nearly every fucking day for the past two months.

I remember that time I bought a pair of jeans from Next, put my money on the counter and just left it there with the jeans for 10 weeks and said nowt

Yes, that's definitely comparable to bidding on a football club.

Almost as daft as spending weeks doing due diligence, going to the trouble of getting a NDA then putting together a complicated clause ridden multi million pound offer, presenting it and then just leaving it on the table for ten weeks during a critical point in the season and having no contact what so ever ....fucking frauds the lot of them.

[emoji38] Beggars belief, you haven't learned a fucking thing from us having Ashley as owner.

Ashley has been doing this exact same thing for ten fucking years here.

Here's a question.

If PCP have never made a bid for the club, never even entered negotiations (unbelievable considering the curry meeting), then how the fuck have they been wasting Ashley's time?

I'm getting more and more confused as to how people are getting so confused about this. :lol:

An offer has obviously been made. Ashley is essentially just telling us he's rejected it as it's so derisory, hence it no longer being on the table as it doesn't even count anymore and no new offer is made. PCP seem to have a different view on that previous bid.

Or am I missing something!?

Thats how I initially got it, but more has came out that indicates him claiming that no bid or talks of negotiations have been done at all.

Here's a question.

If PCP have never made a bid for the club, never even entered negotiations (unbelievable considering the curry meeting), then how the fuck have they been wasting Ashley's time?

I'm getting more and more confused as to how people are getting so confused about this. :lol:

An offer has obviously been made. Ashley is essentially just telling us he's rejected it as it's so derisory, hence it no longer being on the table as it doesn't even count anymore and no new offer is made. PCP seem to have a different view on that previous bid.

Or am I missing something!?

That's the story we're supposed to believe, I think. Who knows whether or not there's any more to it than that.

:thup:

I mean, I don't believe Ashley. My feeling is PCP have made an offer, Ashley's gone 'brb'. A month or so later after he's not given them the respect of saying yay or nay, he's come out with this passive aggressive cunt show like the snake he is to deflect the blame.

Really do hope Staveley and PCP take him to the cleaners if he's trying to screw them.

The curry was after the bid was it? They must have spoken about figures, etc?

Nah it was just two hours of awkward small talk about the weather with Ashley constantly nudging his wife to leave under the table.

Guest firetotheworks

I remember that time I bought a pair of jeans from Next, put my money on the counter and just left it there with the jeans for 10 weeks and said nowt

Almost as daft as spending weeks doing due diligence, going to the trouble of getting a NDA then putting together a complicated clause ridden multi million pound offer, presenting it and then just leaving it on the table for ten weeks during a critical point in the season and having no contact what so ever ....fucking frauds the lot of them.

[emoji38] Beggars belief, you haven't learned a fucking thing from us having Ashley as owner.

It's fucking insane that there are still people saying things like "who knows?" We've earned the knowledge to make presumptions about Ashley and yet still here we are, it's fucking mental.

All any of it actually says via SSN is, a source close to Ashley. He's not actually come out and said anything yet... So those saying its a stunt or bluff could prove to be accurate.

Until theres official nufc confirmation anything could still happen.

?

99% despair 1% hope. A day in the life of the toon army.

It's fucking insane that there are still people saying things like "who knows?" We've earned the knowledge to make presumptions about Ashley and yet still here we are, it's fucking mental.

Yep. Odd few on here and social media that seem to defend Ashley or lap up the bullshit he is serving up. Trolls, morons or cunts? Probably all three.

Really have to wonder what the fuck his plan is here? We've got a championship squad and a world class manager that will most likely leave in the summer. Does he not realise just how fucked he is if he doesn't sell? Even if it is for a cut price, it'd be better for him to just cut his ties with us because things are going to get worse from here.

I have no idea how anyone can think I would in anyway defend Ashley, that bloke has made my life as a Newcastle fan hell for 10 years and when he eventually digs is own grave with his knife and fork my reaction will be the same as when Thatcher went to her coal fired hell, a big fucking smile across my fat face, but I just cant see the good in PCP, with a bit of luck they will come out with their side of the story but until then I have them firmly in the cunt category.

All any of it actually says via SSN is, a source close to Ashley. He's not actually come out and said anything yet... So those saying its a stunt or bluff could prove to be accurate.

Until theres official nufc confirmation anything could still happen.

?

99% despair 1% hope. A day in the life of the toon army.

Yes its quite desperate.

It does look like its off tbf. And the meltdown will commence, back to boycotts and all the crazy stuff again

FFS:

Honestly, he's just f***ing obsessed with money - that's the top and bottom of it. It's bizarre.

If you were a fat slug that sold socks for 50p, you'd crave money aswell :lol:

:lol: He's absolutely minted.

He could just sell all his shares/business assets and live out the rest of his days pissing about on a beach. Not being dragged in front of Government select committees, not having shit written about himself in the papers.

I genuinely wonder if he gets off on the negative publicity he receives anarl.

It annoys me to think about what PCP/Staveley must take from all of this.

I’d love her to know the true feeling of fans right now (the last 15 pages of this thread).

I have no idea how anyone can think I would in anyway defend Ashley, that bloke has made my life as a Newcastle fan hell for 10 years and when he eventually digs is own grave with his knife and fork my reaction will be the same as when Thatcher went to her coal fired hell, a big fucking smile across my fat face, but I just cant see the good in PCP, with a bit of luck they will come out with their side of the story but until then I have them firmly in the cunt category.

You can't see how Ashley has played them? You know yourself that he's pulled this trick twice before, and PCP on the other hand have pulled of mega business deals and have a reputation good enough for the royal families in the middle east to use them and Staveley as their deal broker. How can you for one minute begin to think that PCP are the ones behind this collapse?

FFS:

Yeah, this takeover is well and truly over. That kind of comment from MA is ridiculous. Asking for an earnest money deposit at LOI is fucking stupid - no fucking deal is ever done that way.

Totally agree. This simply isn't the how these things are done. He seems to think he can re-write the rule book this fucker. I've never known a deal done in this way. Why would you put any capital at risk when you've got to deal with this fucking shark?

I think this PR tonight is all off the back of the Express article. It's a massively over the top 'Don't fuck with me' reaction. A sledgehammer to fucking obliterate a tiny nut.

For all of this shitshow from Ashley (did we really expect anything else?) I can't say that PCP have covered themselves in glory either.

The writing was on the wall when this never developed into exclusivity which is what has tainted my view of PCP a bit. They should've been pushing for that back in November when they made the bid.

Overall, this is gutting.

Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty ? Bit harsh to call them cunts already without any words from them.

FFS:

Honestly, he's just f***ing obsessed with money - that's the top and bottom of it. It's bizarre.

If you were a fat slug that sold socks for 50p, you'd crave money aswell :lol:

:lol: He's absolutely minted.

He could just sell all his shares/business assets and live out the rest of his days pissing about on a beach. Not being dragged in front of Government select committees, not having shit written about himself in the papers.

I genuinely wonder if he gets off on the negative publicity he receives anarl.

Course he does, everything about everything he's ever done screams I like using my power to belittle people because I can.

Look at all the other cunts in the same boat. Both Philip Green's etc. All total arseholes in it for their own pleasure at the expense of anybody else.

Fair enough. Think a lot of people (myself included) are just assuming that because they're not Ashley, they can't be all bad. I'd trust someone I don't even know over him.