Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I never thought I'd be sticking up for journalists like, but the way they're all dismissed in the face of obvious, proven inside knowledge is just silly.

Mark Douglas reckons a bid is coming from another party in a few weeks.

More drivel spouted by NUFC insiders designed to force Staveley into bidding more.

The article from last should have put an end to all the journalists who were saying there were no 2nd bidder etc in their stories and tweets and made people realise that their inside sources were people spitting shot on behalf of Ashley. Douglas is just another moron from NCJ Media who lives off the s*** Ashley feeds him.

You're an idiot.

You saying you believe him?

Not necessarily. no. But I fundamentally disagree with this line "Douglas is just another moron from NCJ Media who lives off the s*** Ashley feeds him." because it is simply not true.

The only place he’s possibly getting this info is from NUFC/Ashley. His reporting throughout the last few months where there has ‘been only 1 bid’ and ‘No 2nd bid’ has been disproven. It shows that his sources are linked to NUFC/Ashley, and this new potential bid from a new party will be coming from the same people and will all Ben a part of Ashley’s plan to get PCP to pay up.

It looks like Ashley has things going on in SW London at the moment , the good folks of Brixton are already amassing with their pitchforks. With any luck the sweaty mess is incapable of fighting a prolonged war on two fronts.

That’s a problem that can be dealt with later if needed be.

I think that's the point of that tweet. If fat ass thinks the club is worth 350 but won't let the land be part of the deal then it's worth more like 300 or 300 and 250 respectively.

Like how?

This is the worst part of the whole sorry saga for me. No matter who the next owner is, our future development as a club has been massively curtailed by this parasite.

It's f*cking shameful how he has been allowed to develop this land to the detriment of the club. Shameful.

Like how?

This is the worst part of the whole sorry saga for me. No matter who the next owner is, our future development as a club has been massively curtailed by this parasite.

It's f*cking shameful how he has been allowed to develop this land to the detriment of the club. Shameful.

What’s the score with that piece of land?

dunno to me this seems a bit of a silly thing to base your interest in a club on, sure it can help but ultimately managers come managers go especially in this day and age of football no sense getting that attached to one.

As for everything else thats happened in the last few days, I've come to a conclusion that I think they're both bullshit artists.

Like how?

He is building student flats on it that will prevent Level 7 being extended to the Gallowgate End. And our inept City Council are allowing him to do it.

Like how?

He is building student flats on it that will prevent Level 7 being extended to the Gallowgate End. And our inept City Council are allowing him to do it.

Seriously? I didn’t know anything about that. This whole sorry saga is as suspect as a Willington Quay lollipop lady.

dunno to me this seems a bit of a silly thing to base your interest in a club on, sure it can help but ultimately managers come managers go especially in this day and age of football no sense getting that attached to one.

Exactly, seems a very odd stance to be taking. Obviously with the state that the club is in, Rafa is the best manager we could currently attract by a million miles. But he isn’t going to be here forever, and potential owners should have a vision far beyond his time here. Very unusual, but could well be BS.

Took a break from it today. From what I’ve read in the news and the last few posts on here, PCP came out saying that they really were serious and could have put loads of money into the club etc..

All seems very small time to me. In the greater scheme of things.

All this back and forth bull plop just keeps our attention away from the absolute appalling lack of a transfer window we’re having, mainly down to her inadequate offer and subsequent time wasting. It’s shocking to think a club like Brighton can outspend us.

What recent deals have PCP been involved in btw?

Like how?

Thanks for this btw. I’m probably getting a bit naive these days but I’m start to realise this isn’t about the football with these people.

Like how?

At the moment there is no activity on the site and even though it has been approved it has only been done so on the on condition that an agreement with Nexus is made, which so far hasn’t happened. If Ashley’s intent to sell the club is real and he’s prepared to offer that bit of land to the new owners in a separate purchase then he’s not going to develop it any time soon.

Like how?

Thanks for this btw. I’m probably getting a bit naive these days but I’m start to realise this isn’t about the football with these people.

He would sell off SJP if he could get away with it. Anyway, the plans can be seen here... https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/st-james-park-development-plans-10164835