Trying to fit squares into round holes?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

Watching the game last night confirmed what I have always thought about Glenn Roeder, that he is tactically naive. The idea of trying to fit Parker, Butt, Emre, Dyer into the same midfield was scandalous and always prone to problems. From previous games it is clear that Butt/Emre Partnership was working well. There was absolutely no reason to try and squeeze all of these players together in the centre of the park. AT times they were running into each other.

Dyer should have stayed further forward, and IMO there is no room for Parker in the midfield. PLayers should be selected n form not their stature at the club. If Parker was to play anywhere I would try and fit him in at right back when Nobby was unable to play.

I totally agree. We would have caused Chelski more problems had Sibierski played. We badly needed him to hold up play and allow the midfield to bomb on. Parker should not have started but I can understand Roeder's dilemma, his captain wanted to play against his previous club. Unfortunately Roeder bottled making the right decision.

Guest smoggeordie

Watching the game last night confirmed what I have always thought about Glenn Roeder, that he is tactically naive. The idea of trying to fit Parker, Butt, Emre, Dyer into the same midfield was scandalous and always prone to problems. From previous games it is clear that Butt/Emre Partnership was working well. There was absolutely no reason to try and squeeze all of these players together in the centre of the park. AT times they were running into each other.

Dyer should have stayed further forward, and IMO there is no room for Parker in the midfield. PLayers should be selected n form not their stature at the club. If Parker was to play anywhere I would try and fit him in at right back when Nobby was unable to play.

Isn't the whole point of this thread to NOT do things like that? Parker should be on the bench, end of.

Guest king harry

Didnt watch your match but theres no reason why them 4 players carnt play together, butt as a definsive midfielder, parker and emre in the middle, and dyer, playing as an attackinf midfielder further up, not much width, so you would want your full backs to push up but looks a decent midfield to me.

Guest nufc_geordie

Isn't the whole point of this thread to NOT do things like that? Parker should be on the bench, end of.

Exactly mate, that would be the ideal solution, just not play him at all but we all know Roeder won't do that.