Control (PC, PS4, One, Switch)

Troll

Why wasn't this game absolutely massive?  I'd never heard of it until I found these posts:

Control

A few hours into this now and I think it's absolutely brilliant

Remedy are absolute masters of cerebral storytelling, I'm totally engrossed in this world already

The stylistic flourishes such as the musical cues and sudden title-screen drop when you enter a new area are awesome

The combat feels intense, forcing you to constantly improvise and wreak absolute throughout the environments.

On a separate note, I'm very excited to play the Alan Wake expansion, as the way they've gone about detailing this 'universe' is absolute genius so far

:sweetjesus:

Control. Really liking it so far. Combat is pretty cool and feels smooth.

Not sure what's going on mind.

This is really bloody good. Anyone else played it? I'm on the 7th main mission right now. First single player I've been hooked on for years.

This game keeps surprising me.  The Ashtray Maze sequence towards the end is one of the best levels I've ever played in a game.

That segment is absolutely class like, acts as a crescendo for the whole game. Remedy's talent for weaving licensed music into storytelling is immense.

Also have you done any of the side-quests? Some of them are awesome

The altered fridge that you can't look away from with the guard begging someone to send relief  :lol:

The anchor boss fight was a bastard when you're underlevelled. Had a couple of tantrums after nearly beating it and getting blasted be a flying octopus coming out of a blind spot.

Anchor is a tricky fight because of the holes he leaves in the floor

MOLD-1 is the hardest fight by miles though, I had to complete the game before I could defeat it

Coming to game pass in a few days. Any good?

Just seen it pop up on there. Definitely worth playing. Especially on PC. Want to play it again once I get a current gen console, the frames on the Xbox One were disgusting pretty often. :lol:

• 1 month later...

The boss battle on the AWE expansion. :lol:

Sweet game though, bit infuriating at times but it does incredibly well at making you feel like a total badass after a few upgrades.

EDIT: 1 ability point for that fight. :lol:

Since Sekiro wasn't discounted for Black Friday, I've been considering getting this. Got a few GOTY awards last year, so must have something about it.

Haven't played it since this. Same shite I always do, buy a game, play it for two hours and then forget about it.

Since Sekiro wasn't discounted for Black Friday, I've been considering getting this. Got a few GOTY awards last year, so must have something about it.

Haven't played it since this. Same shite I always do, buy a game, play it for two hours and then forget about it.

That's what I did with it too (didn't manage two hours though). I often find myself wondering if it's actually this I played given how solidly bang average it seemed to me vs. how much folk love it, but I'm sure it was [emoji38]

That's what I did with it too (didn't manage two hours though). I often find myself wondering if it's actually this I played given how solidly bang average it seemed to me vs. how much folk love it, but I'm sure it was [emoji38]

Tbh, it probably was just about to get good when I stopped playing :lol: Just got the telekinesis power, which I assume is the main draw of the game when I stopped playing.