Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

It’s worth remembering that the Bruno thread only started on 25th Jan last year so safe to assume that at this stage last year no concrete links had even appeared for that transfer, so it’s a reminder that there is still plenty of time. We also signed 2 more after Bruno

I don't have any worries about the people in charge or the strategy.

If we don't end up bringing in as much as I would like, I guess it will be because they've decided not to bring forward future spending because we're unexpectedly high in the league. Which is understandable. 

58 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Still find it incredibly weird Gordon didn't play a single minute at West Ham. I mean Everton barely threatened at all in the entire game, why wouldn't they use one of their better attacking players unless fat Frank was told not to use him in a game he desperately needed to get something from. I mean he brought on Tom Davies at half time instead :lol:

Apparently there was a bit of handbags in the dressing room after they lost to Southampton, think Doucoure has been training with the kids since. Might have something to do with that.

It's boring, but given their track record, I support whatever they do in the circumstances. We're so watertight now, it's not as if we have a clear idea of the options available and choices made, even.

That said, I don't know why anyone would panic about a lack of activity at this point. As said about Bruno and last January, there's so much that can materialize in the last week, even the last 24 hours.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

It's boring, but given their track record, I support whatever they do in the circumstances. We're so watertight now, it's not as if we have a clear idea of the options available and choices made, even.

That said, I don't know why anyone would panic about a lack of activity at this point. As said about Bruno and last January, there's so much that can materialize in the last week, even the last 24 hours.

This is where I’m at. Isak was basically done by the time anyone got wind of a deal. There’s a week to go. 

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't have any worries about the people in charge or the strategy.

If we don't end up bringing in as much as I would like, I guess it will be because they've decided not to bring forward future spending because we're unexpectedly high in the league. Which is understandable. 

agreed - it is what it is and as nice as it would be to add to the squad, i'm all relaxed with where we're at currently and taking everything as it comes  

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Good signings. But panic signings.

Arteta was a panic signing himself iirc for Arsenal

I'd expect we have it now so there's 6-9 candidates for each signing ranging from ideal (Botman) to helpful-hopeful (Burn, Targett) - people with good character who are fairly cost neutral, provide at least squad cover/competition and might succeed beyond our hopes.

I imagine we'll avoid any genuine panic signings because the club just doesn't need them in it's life. Probably Karius is the only one that would go in that category so far, and even that was a special scenario as he's a goalie.

36 minutes ago, NWMag said:

It’s worth remembering that the Bruno thread only started on 25th Jan last year so safe to assume that at this stage last year no concrete links had even appeared for that transfer, so it’s a reminder that there is still plenty of time. We also signed 2 more after Bruno

Let’s be honest though, the circumstances now to then are entirely opposite. I get the point though, transfers will come out of the blue more often than not for us going forward.

13 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Anyone else remember waking up on the last day of the Jan window last year and suddenly (for a couple hours anyway) it seemed like Ekitike would get done as well? 

Until he signed for PSG and instantly became an idiot ruled by his agent, shit and we didn’t want him anyway 

Edited by Nine