Mc Claren rethinks friendlys!

Guest donige

England coach Steve McClaren may scrap some friendlies in favour of longer training camps with his players.

"I want the flexibility to be able to control when we have friendlies," said McClaren. "The key thing for me is getting more time with the players.

I think this would be a silly idea to be honest because he is just thinking of wasy where the english supporters could lay off the pressure that is on him

yes training camps would be effective but surely these could maybe be done alongside the current fixture tenure that we have in place

im not really sure what clubs would think of this however, as it would help to also lighten the club vs. country affair that exists as training camps really do not hamper the fitness or risk injuries for the individuals involved as much as a match.

balancing all this together though there is nothing like real matches is there?

Have you heard McClaren today. "The England team is the most important team in the country".

Err, no it isn't, because most people put club before country.

Totally agree with you actually i put newcastle before england at the minute

its because we're really not a good team to watch and the future looks bleak really

Have you heard McClaren today. "The England team is the most important team in the country".

its because we're really not a good team to watch and the future looks bleak really

I always put Newcastle before England. We could be bottom of League 2 and England could be World and European champions with no other team to touch them, and I'd still put NUFC first.

I always put Newcastle before England. We could be bottom of League 2 and England could be World and European champions with no other team to touch them, and I'd still put NUFC first.

Yeah definitely mate newcastle are the be all and end all not england

England are a joke with a stupid red faced (offensive word) as their boss arent they

cant believe we ever employed mc claren aspecially with the people who were linked to the job they were much better candidates!

what do you think of our chances for europe qualification by finishing 6th then?