Watch a Geordie team for nowt.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest TheOrder

I'm from North Shields, and everyone here considers themselves Geordies like.

Gemmils from Shields, is he not? Maybe he can vouch for that, and Crumpy Gunt  too.

Guest Knightrider

"are a different kind of Geordie to your Newcastle Geordies, from my experience, and in a negative way too"

I would agree with that. 

**Holds nose high in the air.

I'd also say, as a West End lad, a few other Geordies are different type of Geordies to the ones I belong to, which are to paraphrase big Rab C Nesbitt - trash. :D

There are many differences between West End Geordies, and East End Geordies, or Gateshead Geordies, or Gosforth Geordies. IMO anyway.

As for Gateshead, it is a shit hole and I always feel away from home whenever I cross the water or the Tyne if you like, yet feel at home in Wallsend, Byker etc.

Guest Knightrider

I'm from North Shields, and everyone here considers themselves Geordies like.

Gemmils from Shields, is he not? Maybe he can vouch for that, and Crumpy Gunt  too.

Mackem twang and not 100% Geordies tbh.

Guest Knightrider

Mackem twang, ya daft cunt ;D

Writing like that won't hide your mackem blood or prove you're a real Geordie.

Guest Knightrider

BTW Gemmill's use of the word "Howay" gives the game away, for you Sheilds lads, as does the number of mackem shirts and mackem car stickers.

Guest TheOrder

I have never seen a mackem in North Shields*. Never. Now fuck off :knuppel2:

Anway, I live in West Chirton O0 (thats true)

*swear on me dads grave, I've never seen a mackem in north shields >:(

Guest Knightrider

You don't convince me Rocker.

I know I'm bait, thats why :D

Theres no reeling me in though... ;)

Good lad. A good few don't consider kids from your neck of the woods to be proper Geordies mind, me I couldn't care less, you support the same team as me, that's enough  :thup:

Guest TheOrder

I don't know why not. It's as Newcastle mad, just like it is in Wallsend, Tynemouth, Shiremoor, New York etc..

I really couldn't care less if people didn't think we were geordies tbh, everyone here supports Newcastle. We all talk the same, minus a few slight differences in really old words.

Newcastle, N. Tyneside and Gateshead is Geordie, to me. Everything else is dubious. And I'm a bit dubious about Gateshead, actually. Funny folk south of the river, tbh. The missus suggested moving there once. I told her in no uncertain terms that was never going to happen.

Newcastle, N. Tyneside and Gateshead is Geordie, to me. Everything else is dubious. And I'm a bit dubious about Gateshead, actually. Funny folk south of the river, tbh. The missus suggested moving there once. I told her in no uncertain terms that was never going to happen.

Gateshead people are tramps, if you were from there what would you do though, sit in The Trafalgar all day looking inbred or fuckin gan to the toon?  I agree with HTT I don't feel at home there, but I do in Walker even though it's 8 mile away.

South Tyneside - waatered doon mackems as far as I'm concerned.  Cunts from North Shields - either as radge as people from Scotswood, or mackem sympathisers like Alex and Gemmill.  NE1, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5, NE6, NE7, NE15  :thup: :thup:

Gateshead people are tramps, if you were from there what would you do though, sit in The Trafalgar all day looking inbred or fuckin gan to the toon?  I agree with HTT I don't feel at home there, but I do in Walker even though it's 8 mile away.

South Tyneside - waatered doon mackems as far as I'm concerned.  Cunts from North Shields - either as radge as people from Scotswood, or mackem sympathisers like Alex and Gemmill.  NE1, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5, NE6, NE7, NE15   :thup: :thup:

I'm not from Shields and you're the one always banging on about how big Sunderland are. Spot on as ever :razz:

"are a different kind of Geordie to your Newcastle Geordies, from my experience, and in a negative way too"

I would agree with that. 

**Holds nose high in the air.

I'd also say, as a West End lad, a few other Geordies are different type of Geordies to the ones I belong to, which are to paraphrase big Rab C Nesbitt - trash. :D

There are many differences between West End Geordies, and East End Geordies, or Gateshead Geordies, or Gosforth Geordies. IMO anyway.

As for Gateshead, it is a shit hole and I always feel away from home whenever I cross the water or the Tyne if you like, yet feel at home in Wallsend, Byker etc.

Gateshead is a shit hole but so's the West End tbh.

If you take the 'George supporters' as the origin of the word Geordie, people from Gateshead are not Geordies.  Newcastle (Geordies) were a minority in the area, sandwiched between opposition in the north and south (Northumberland and Durham) - Gateshead came under Durham.

Ant and Dec's History of Tyneside ;)

HTT was right about the people being different, he really was.  The whole West End is not a shit hole, especially west of the West End, I'd rather live here than anywhere else on Tyneside put it that way.  Nice views, 20 mins from the toon, not much crime, no mackem accents, can't go wrong.

HTT was right about the people being different, he really was.  The whole West End is not a shit hole, especially west of the West End, I'd rather live here than anywhere else on Tyneside put it that way.   Nice views, 20 mins from the toon, not much crime, no mackem accents, can't go wrong.

The whole of Gateshead isn't a shithole either - Low Fell for example.

HTT was right about the people being different, he really was.  The whole West End is not a s*** hole, especially west of the West End, I'd rather live here than anywhere else on Tyneside put it that way.   Nice views, 20 mins from the toon, not much crime, no mackem accents, can't go wrong.

I didn't say it was.  Is that where you're from Alex?

HTT was right about the people being different, he really was.  The whole West End is not a s*** hole, especially west of the West End, I'd rather live here than anywhere else on Tyneside put it that way.   Nice views, 20 mins from the toon, not much crime, no mackem accents, can't go wrong.

Nah. Burradon originally. Live in Forest Hall now. My point originally was about HTT saying Gateshead was a shithole when he comes from the West End. Much of a muchness tbh.

Nah. Burradon originally. Live in Forest Hall now. My point originally was about HTT saying Gateshead was a shithole when he comes from the West End. Much of a muchness tbh.

Aye he's from the bampy Inner West End, where kids used to play a game called, "who can put the fire engines window oot first", but there are more nice places West of the city centre to the boundary at Heddon on the Wall than shitholes in my view.

Aye he's from the bampy Inner West End, where kids used to play a game called, "who can put the fire engines window oot first", but there are more nice places West of the city centre to the boundary at Heddon on the Wall than shitholes in my view.

Aye, the further out you get the nicer it gets. Nice parts of Fenham too and it's also a shame to see some really smart houses that are in dodgy areas now. Nowt against the West End or owt. Just think it's funny when people say Shields is a shithole, if they come from the East End or Gateshead is if they come from the West End or whatever. South Tyneside is a bit scary though ;)

Guest TheOrder

Any cunt even hints that where I live, is even slighty not-geordie, they fan fuck off for all I care, they obviously don't live here.